Search results

  1. D

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    Well, it's more like Disney doesn't do McDonalds anymore. I don't wanna go into that whole mess, but this whole fear that they're going to be likened to Joe Camel because they have toys (that can be purchased separately) with the stuff is the most idiotic rubbish I've ever heard. Though...
  2. D

    Questions About The Toy Industry

    I'm just annoyed Eggman gets NO love whatsoever. Of all the Sonic products I see, I always see Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy... even Rouge... but never Eggman ... at least anymore. With Mario stuff, you ALWAYS see King Koopa. I'm glad Jazzwares has that Eggman (though again, sold...
  3. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    I'm sure a lot of the 20's+ aged Muppet nerds are also Weird Al Nerds... but come to think of it, it was a trope long long before that movie. I'm starting to wonder... is there a POSSIBLE way to even title this with something that doesn't sound dopey or generic.... Return of the Muppets is...
  4. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    I gotta tell yah... you KNOW something's fishy when the health curriculum episodes are BETTER than the nature ones. I mean, they actually have a PLOT! Though, I have to admit, I think the fact that Natasha never ate veggies before would have been a prime opportunity to say that she's just off...
  5. D

    Sprout is becoming more and more repetitive with their selection of episodes

    Again, this is an imprint of PBS, and trust me PBS does it with EVERYTHING! There's this Martha Speaks I only caught the last 5 minutes of that I've been waiting weeks for them to rerun... and then they just started showing the first season AGAIN... man, if I see "Painting for Peanuts" one more...
  6. D

    Ranking Sesame Street Recurring Segments

    I honestly find Dinner Theater a wasted concept. I actually gotta admit, I like how they always used the same characters... pretty much linking it to a cheaper theater that only has stock actors (there are so many of them, but I have no examples)... but it seems that they could have gone MUCH...
  7. D

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    A Muppet video game would be a tricky thing. They only had like one or two actual good ones. Something vaugley RPG ish might work... or maybe one of those ones where you have to pick up everything that's not nailed down and use it somewhere else. You know, like Sam and Max or Maniac Mansion?
  8. D

    Questions About The Toy Industry

    Well, I have a few problems with the Sonic figure assortment, mainly that it took so long to get Dr. Eggman in the line up. I love Sonic and all, but his fan base almost seems controlled by Furries. Dr. Robotnik/Eggman has been with Sonic since the beginning. Even Tails was introduced in the...
  9. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    I'd say any future of Biff or Herry (Herry being more likely) would have to rest on both the writers and if Matt ever feels comfortable enough to perform him. But I've noticed a BIG resurgence of the Count in both the show and in representational merchandise. If nothing else, at least they...
  10. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    Or "The Muppets go out for dinner, wait an hour for the table, the service is terrible, Animal gets sick off what they chose to believe as beef stroganoff, they check is rife with inconsistencies and food they didn't order, and they vow never to go back their again and perhaps call the board of...
  11. D

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    I just wanna see more Virmups and more of the comic books. Anything else will be just icing. Maybe a production vlog for the movie or something on their official YT channel. Oh, and by all means get that Halloween special produced after a nice break after filming the movie.
  12. D

    Cars 2

    I have to admit... I wanna say WHOA! That sounds bad, but I have to admit, I expected something like that all along. I'm sure things may be better in the final project, but I've been saying all along, this movie is basically being made because it was so successful a toy line. Again, the two...
  13. D

    Cars 2

    Well, there's also the fact that that TERRIBLE F-Zero cartoon series left a BAD taste in my mouth about espionage racing. Really... BLEECH!
  14. D

    Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

    That would be Spitting Image. I am quite familiar with their work... or as familiar as I can be since it's sort of a British thing.
  15. D

    Worst/creepiest puppets/puppeteer work

    You know... the sad part of that is that the drug addict looks LESS ravaged than the kids in that one. I'd tend to agree at least in terms of uncanny valley, but Super Marionation (not to be confused with a similar plumber based video game character) is one of the coolest kids of puppetry...
  16. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    Exactly. Even if it wasn't intentional, it follows the classic era of film cliches and not the horrid "He was an alien all along" bit. :rolleyes: DBZ already did that.
  17. D

    What are the highest quality Fraggle plush?

    GRRRRRRRRRRR! The show was as good as it got since Toei edited the heck out of it and made it kid friendly. The comic book is far superior, as was the original Kinnikuman series. But with all the other garbage anime toy commercials we got in that era, it was a breath of fresh air. An actual...
  18. D

    Who has a Deviant Art account?

    And yet, if those hosting sites for those ads said "We have information that China's government is saying nasty stuff about the US government behind their backs," someone WOULD go after them. Here? Not so much. Really, who do you talk to to get these snotty little brats who come up with...
  19. D

    Sprout is becoming more and more repetitive with their selection of episodes

    Sprout's actually another channel for PBS, right? PBS is ALWAYS repetitive with their episode selections. There are episodes of certain shows I have to wait until reruns to see, and I have to wait for weeks on end to see one episode. Arthur is especially redundant with repeats. You'd think...
  20. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    Plus, the guy really didn't care for those story retelling stories, as was the thesis of this film. it really does seem like the only way to really get a movie down with these characters BEING themselves... though, you have to it admit, it does feel like they're following the first 3 films...
Top