Search results

  1. D

    Ice Age: Blue Sky's Answer to Shrek?

    Rewatch the black Friday Toy Story reel, consider how Katzenberg was behind that, then you'll see there was an ulterior motive behind that one. Very passive aggressive of them to release. I will say this, Jack Black was good in it. That's about it. If nothing else, it made me appreciate how...
  2. D

    Ice Age: Blue Sky's Answer to Shrek?

    Oh yeah. Remember, Toy Story 2 was around 1999. and that's when Disney had the hot yen to do those cheapquels. I SWEAR the true blame falls under Filmation with Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night and Snow White and the Land of Doom. They were unofficially making sequels to fairy tales...
  3. D

    Muppet Film and TV References

    I hate to post Sesame Street ones here, but I recently saw a season 6 Fairly Oddparents episode "Fairly OddPirates" and these pirates were plundering a baseball stadium shouting "AAARRRR" each time.... at one point, there are 2 OBVIOUSLY Sesame Street looking characters holding the letter O and...
  4. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    I'm sure they goaded them into adding a little more Pepe into the project to. I am more excited that Rowlf and Scooter supposedly have more play. Other than that, what other new characters would be used? Brian's unavailable to perform Sal and VanNeuter I'd guess Kevin wouldn't for Clifford...
  5. D

    Mr. Peabody and Sherman, The Movie

    When you do something enough times, it's a running gag, regardless of where it originated. It's just one of those deep fan things that they oddly didn't discuss in the book. Though, I'd say the movie could have used some more cameos from the SERIES and less from Hollywood. How cool would it...
  6. D

    Ice Age: Blue Sky's Answer to Shrek?

    I wouldn't say Dreamworks ones are flops, either. Their worst film, hands down was Sharktale, and all you need to do is look at the Black Friday Toy Story real to see where that comes from. Sort of a passive aggressive forced edgy Finding Nemo concocted by Katzenburg (as we all remember, the...
  7. D

    Why people dislike modern Sesame Street

    I wonder how much they actually get to keep. Some of it clearly goes to writers, and I'm guessing some residuals and rights for celebrities. But it is a pretty good money maker. But there always needs to be more revenue. PBS probably gives them little, they have like 5 sponsors already> I...
  8. D

    The Random Fun Facts Thread

    Here's a nifty one I found out last night. The Japanese/American movie King Kong Escapes is loosely based of the 1960's Japanese/American cartoon series The King Kong Show, as it features MechaniKong and Dr. Who (not that one), both who came out of the animated series. And both were...
  9. D

    Theories why Bear came to an end

    Well, to be honest, Barney hit them hard in the early 90's... it's Blues Clues and Dora that REALLY warped 'em good lately. And every time they try to switch things back to normal, something comes up and they change everything over again> I know it, you know it, the people working on the show...
  10. D

    AMAZING(! !) Muppet Cupcakes

    I don't think I'd bring myself to eat those either. These aren't the clumsily rendered unlicensed Cookie Monster and Elmo cupcakes/cookies/cakes you see in your local grocers, these are art. Plus, I detest how crazy expensive cupcakes have become.
  11. D

    New Awesome Muppet T-Shirts!

    There is a plain Gonzo T-shirt out there somewhere... I think I only saw it at Penny's and I would have got it, but they ONLY had mediums and larges, otherwise I would have got it the moment I saw it. I've noticed a yellow one with a photo on it at Target, but I really didn't pay attention to...
  12. D

    Ebay: Complete Set of Scary Scary Monsters Toys

    I have the little green one that looks like Oscar (forget the name) hanging off the bamboo sticks. Never got any of the others.
  13. D

    Theories why Bear came to an end

    Boohbah? That thing was a TITANIC failure. And I mean that in the boat, not just the size. I remember Target having shelves and shelves of them for deep discount clearance and they STILL didn't move. I will say the educational shows for older kids have done nothing short of improved. World...
  14. D

    Why people dislike modern Sesame Street

    I think their international reach, especially in some cases, is very important. But these longer, bigger segments that go to fill out an international children's programming block (ironically, like what the show is trying to be) are what's the most important right now. It's cost cutting, to be...
  15. D

    New Awesome Muppet T-Shirts!

    These shirts are pretty good, I guess (Gonzo would work better as a "geek" shirt, though, wouldn't you agree), but I saw a pretty cool one at Kohl's a couple days ago. It had the main 5 in stock photo form in a postcard with the Eiffel Tower on it. Almost got it too.
  16. D

    What Surprises Will The Film Hold?

    That's what I was going to say, actually. None, if we don't be careful. It's just too hard NOT to look at these things.
  17. D

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    Steelbeak is going to make an appearance at some point. Next issue, it looks like. I saw the comic book cover art a while ago.
  18. D

    Questions About The Toy Industry

    I just want SOMEONE to rerelease the Sonic the Hedgehog "the Movie" OAV. I saw it online once.... The guy who played Eggman in the original Japanese actually did Japanese dubbing for Uncle Matt and Gunge on Fraggle Rock. I was at TRU recently, and they...wait for it... RAISED THE BLOODY...
  19. D

    Uh Oh...What's Disney Thinking?

    Actually, CN's originals, as much as they were trying to do the same thing with Nicktoons as they were, were also quite welcome. The flash stuff didn't come about until 2003 with Mucha Lucha, which actually managed to look GOOD with flahs animation (second favorite wrestling cartoon.. DISTANT...
  20. D

    Uh Oh...What's Disney Thinking?

    That said, I still think this is the "Oh yeah! Cost cutting, nudge nudge, know what I mean, say no more" backdoor type deal. You know, the kind that wears the rubber suit of belt tightening, when they're really just looking for an excuse to raise prices they were going to raise anyway. I...
Top