Search results

  1. D

    California Raisins supposedly hitting DVD

    This was posted on TVshowsondvd.... but I don't know how much stock to take into it... anyway, there's going to be a California Raisins Ultimate collectors edition featuring the 2 Raisins specials (no Claymation Christmas Special, though) and all 13 episodes of the completely forgotten, not clay...
  2. D

    "The Muppets" has an official rating

    Well, if it was X rated, would we want to see it? :electric: PG is souped up G. PG-13 can go either way. Sometimes it lets a lot of R-ish stuff in, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's just to justify the amount of violence in an action film. But there's NO mistake about PG and G. There...
  3. D

    "The Muppets" has an official rating

    The most Raunchy thing in the trailers is the fart shoes joke. And may I remind anyone that it's only a simulated whoopie cushion "fart" that's not all that foreign to the Muppets (the word fart apparently is, and I agree... but as a one off gag it doesn't bug me). I don't see the blazing eye...
  4. D

    "The Muppets" has an official rating

    PG is G. At least now it is. It's all a scam to make kiddy movies look like they have 'tude. The only movies I've seen in recent years that strongly deserved a TRUE PG rating were Speed Racer (Spritle flipped the bad guy off!) and Rango (a LOT of cussing, adult humor, and an actually...
  5. D

    Make Your Own Sesame Segment!

    I swore they were trying to carbon copy Blue's Clues with that segment anyway, and honestly, it's leaps and bounds more watchable. But still, I'm glad the writers protested it. It goes to show that I think the writers have some sort of muzzle on them, but they're breaking free as much as they...
  6. D

    Misinforming Superfoods?

    Scientists haven't ruined that option for us yet. But when they do... Still, telling kids to not eat candy and to pick up an apple (and quite honestly, kids shouldn't eat too much fruit or drink too much juice as well because of the sugars... natural sugars, but sugars nonetheless) shouldn't...
  7. D

    Anyone actually seen the new Muppet kids books?

    Books have become impossible to find. I mean, really.. they moan and groan and file for bankruptcy because everyone's buying everything online... and it's really the ONLY place to find anything is online. I was thankfully surprised finding the impossible to find Inspector Gadget on the Orient...
  8. D

    Commercial rant time...

    At least they aren't the umpteenth company copying off the I'm an Apple and I'm a PC commercials from years and years ago and try to be relevant. I mean, that's like still making references to Napoleon Dynamite or something. It's over. Those commercials ended years ago. Rip off something...
  9. D

    George Lucas to re-release the original Star Wars trilogy... again!

    George is a perfect example of why old people shouldn't have computers. At least old fuddy duddy types. They just play games all day on the darn thing instead of doing anything productive. You know the 2 reasons I like Clone Wars? 1... It's all CGI to begin with. No wooden human characters...
  10. D

    How did SS evolve from "schoolhouse" to "entertainment?"

    I wonder when or if they decided to put a 5 minutes or less cap on some of these films. Hey Cow could work just as well as it does with a minute or two shaved off. Longer segments, while nothing is wrong with them, tend to run off if they get too long. Even today. Elmo's World is just... how...
  11. D

    Misinforming Superfoods?

    Remember this about the argument... we're not talking about stuff that's extremely bad for you. We're talking about milk, vegetables, and whole grains. Stuff that's apparently not good enough for healthy kids. Again, while I find the obesity rate, while an actual problem, media hype that...
  12. D

    George Lucas to re-release the original Star Wars trilogy... again!

    He did with a special edition re-release of the DVD's, but they weren't anthromorphic wide screen. Basically it's full frame widescreen, and in a widescreen TV it would look like your watching a postage stamp. That REALLY honked fans off. Hopefully the originals IN a widescreen made for...
  13. D

    Do you miss high school?

    The ENTIRE school experience was just awful for me. Did you ever see that episode of the Simpsons where it was Bart's first day of preschool and the teacher kept singling him out for everything he did? That was basically the same for me. 90 year old, listless hags were all I knew in grade...
  14. D

    How did SS evolve from "schoolhouse" to "entertainment?"

    I tell you... the section where they poorly parrot a walkee talkee with "Th' Fire's Out!' "The Fire's Out!" then sing "The fi-i-i-i-i-i-i-ire's ou-u-u-u-u-u-t!" That just has me laughing unintentionally. Not something I want to do thinking about what firefighters actually do.
  15. D

    Do you miss high school?

    Middle School and High School are the ONLY reasons I'm glad I'm a grownup. I mean, I hated it... I really really hated them both. I'd see a hypnotist or someone to have my mind wiped clear of the entire event. Mid and High School ruined me. Really... I mean, the people, the teachers, they...
  16. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    You watched that John Stewart too, didn't ya? I swear that a good percentile of the gay loathing rights denying public figures are a bathroom stall away from exposure. As far as Tabloids and celebrities go... Does anyone even really bother taking stock in any of that? I mean, I once had the...
  17. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    Why would anyone want a character that runs around in tight tights with impeccably groomed hair to not be gay? :D Maybe they need to randomly throw an Aunt character in the movie, like they did with the 1960's Batman show... and again... the whole 1960's show was the source of gay stereotype...
  18. D

    Celebrities the Public is Sick Of...

    The one thing I like about Jennifer? her career took off to make horrible movies, sure... but on the bright side (what I said before), she isn't trying to dump a terrible sitcom on us. Though, again... Mr. Sunshine was actually good. Mathew Perry's like the only one that's at least capable of...
  19. D

    El Capitan/Disney will host "Muppet Party!" in 3D feat. Kermit and Piggy & MORE!

    It's probably just for this one event. Otherwise, all the ads would have said 3-D as a selling point. It's probably a bigger selling point if the film ISN'T 3-D.
  20. D

    How did SS evolve from "schoolhouse" to "entertainment?"

    I am not a fan of William Barnes Brown's 2 Sesame Street songs, Hey Cow and Fireman Ready to Go. I have SOOOO many problems with the Fireman song. Like, OH! Here's a goofy, peppy song about people who are vitally important and risk their lives every single day doing very dangerous work and...
Top