Search results

  1. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    It's not just women's groups, as I said. Everyone just has a bug up their butts. Though, I'm surprised the Indian community sat back and let a bunch of Goofy caricatures that make Apu from the Simpsons look politically correct get shoved into television casts a few years ago... luckily we're...
  2. D

    New Regency Lands ‘Fraggle Rock’ Feature Rights Auction

    NR's at least a more competent company. Anything's more competent than they are. The Weinstine brothers mismanaged the company, they blew the money, they decided to bring back dead franchises like Scream and Spy Kids... and they got the very amount of apathy and ennui you'd expect. They sat...
  3. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    I give mucho thumbs up to stuff like Kim Possible too... Even Recess (with Spinelli and Gretchen). Oh, and I LOVE Word Girl. It's so sad that April O'Neil of BOTH TMNT cartoons was a stronger role model for girls than any of the Bratz. Even the dub of Winx Club had some sexist connotations...
  4. D

    New Regency Lands ‘Fraggle Rock’ Feature Rights Auction

    Weinstine screwed Henson BADLY! Corey put it perfectly straight and what I expected all along. Weisntine wanted to make the movie at first, then somewhere through, they decided they didn't want it and stalled for time until the license ran out. I can't say anymore than I already said, but...
  5. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    If only all the stores could look like that... I don't see Walter anywhere in there, so I'm guessing there's more that comes later.
  6. D

    Muppet Christmas Pajamas for Women at Kohl's

    I wonder if they'll have any Muppet T-Shirts in Tins like they have of other licensees during Christmas shopping season. I don't go to Kohls as often as I used to since they cut back on their T-shirt selection (and now it's mostly Angry Birds, very little variety there).
  7. D

    "Being Green" on Glee November 1

    Glee's the less shiny, happy, generalized lie-fest of High School, compared to that Disney musical series. That's one of the few things I truly respect about the show. I'm glad that kid from that show didn't win best actor (or was it supporting actor) in a comedy, ONLY because every time he's...
  8. D

    Muppet Movie Clip: The Muppet Man

    I dunno about you, but that would be GREAT if it was intended. We keep hearing about this script not respecting the characters and a verbal fart joke... but that was like a dark, humorless version of a bad Robot Chicken sketch. A whiny little insult to the legacy of Jim Henson where the...
  9. D

    What if the new movie's DVD contained a bonus disc of existing material?

    I hate Blu-Ray for that VERY reason. I can see the general DVD having like a couple trailers and a short or a quick BTS segment... and the Blu having interviews with everyone, a video game, 8 different live commentaries, ultraviolet digital copy, the same crappy regular DVD, a bonus Animal key...
  10. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    UPS, there you go. Even the US postal system's much more reliable and cheaper to boot. if it wasn't for these company sweetheart deals, maybe the Post Office wouldn't be facing Armageddon every other year.
  11. D

    Will Walter become the new Pepe?

    But the thing is, Brian performed some of them, and very key characters to boot. We'd have to recast Sal or have a Sal-less Johnny. I think it could work, but it just loses something without Sal. Of course, we all know Bobo has a major role as the villain's assistant again. pepe has a...
  12. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    Because, making any character that isn't a white straight guy is tough. Any character flaw would send shockwaves out to overly sensitive not white males. It's no win. People want representation, but they hate when they're written as anything that could be viewed as a stereotype so we get flat...
  13. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    The Muppet show only had like a handful of female characters anyway, most of them unmemorable one season characters. And even then, most of the females were performed by males. Something like Sesame Street with more influential little kids watching the show is where that's far more important...
  14. D

    Here's your Walter Plush

    It might just be out of cheap recyclable stuff.. I'm not sure exactly what the Perry the Platypus toys were made of. Anyone know anyone who attended that thing? Maybe the info lies in there.
  15. D

    Will Walter become the new Pepe?

    Actually, a passionless newbie director, overly labored script (which said director ruined further), a forced Sci-Fi direction (1999... you know what came out and what that summer's anchor picture was), and overall studio ennui killed that picture. I have no qualms about the film focusing on...
  16. D

    The Muppet Show...Continued?

    Not quite. it does seem like a Muppet Babies idea, you're right. But something that's part characters having short segments, part classic Muppet show bits with slightly higher budgets. I'd LOVE to see a Pigs in Space movie, but there's no chance of that EVER.
  17. D

    Competition: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

    I don't think Hugo's anything to worry about. It looks to be a Mr. Magorium/Waterhorse/Last Mimsy pretentious kid's film that looks good cinematically, but seems way too insistent upon itself and it just can't find an audience. Happy Feet and Arthur Christmas are the true competition, though I...
  18. D

    Will Walter become the new Pepe?

    Any answer would be, as I said, too soon to tell. It would depend on a LOT of factors, not just how the movie does. Scooter and Rowlf just came back. They were already replaced, ONLY because they weren't officially recast (though Bill performed Rowlf a while now, just didn't say all too much...
  19. D

    "Being Green" on Glee November 1

    I don't care too much for Glee... I get the appeal, and I see it having an audience... but every time I tried watching it, I just couldn't get into it. Either the music sharply interrupts the plot or the plot sharply interrupts the music. But considering I did manage to watch a few minutes of...
  20. D

    Muppet Movie Clip: "The Showdown"

    Piggy vs Poogy... I assume... I saw the thumbnail and got the address before I got to see anything spoilerish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsfiCjPDnpg&feature=feedu
Top