Search results

  1. D

    The Muppets New trailer : Bollywood!

    I wonder if that's an ever so slight nod to the fact Gonzo was going to Bombay to be a big movie star. The strange part is, he would have been correct!
  2. D

    EW says lots of Muppet merch coming

    I'm giving the Nick show a chance. It can NOT be any worse than the live action series (which BLEW it's potential when they added that idiotic pro-social values girl turtle in there) or those completely foul music video VHS with the poor turtle costumes that you can see gaping holes right into...
  3. D

    Sony to do Popeye now...

    No, sounds like they wanted to rip off the Chipmunks movies. And I SWEAR they were spying on the writing process of the unused Fraggle Rock script (Corey was forced to put in a Guitar Hero reference at one point, but he put his foot down). But considering they made the Smurfs sing klunky pop...
  4. D

    ABC News Video: Jason Segel, Muppet Savior

    The thing about Muppets Tonight was that some stuff worked beautifully, some stuff tried too hard, and some stuff just didn't work at all. it was a very experimental show, and you can tell that there was some real greatness towards it, but the confusion of what they wanted to do with it...
  5. D

    Mid 90's Toons! (Tick, Rockos, Eek the Cat, Critic, Catdog, Family Dog)

    House of Mouse was early 2000's. I know because one episode had Kuzco in it. Yeah, I remember hearing about that one before it was in development (the old fashion way... a radio interview). I thought it sounded like nothing more than a commercial for Disney... but years later I watched some...
  6. D

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    Bull. TVshowsonDVD would have at least had to have broke the news well over 2 months in advance. Even the Disney sites would have had word then.
  7. D

    Mid 90's Toons! (Tick, Rockos, Eek the Cat, Critic, Catdog, Family Dog)

    The 90's is a decade everyone takes for granted. You keep hearing about how "they don't make cartoons like they did in the 90's." Yes and no. The key word is "trends." There's always a trend in entertainment, and it effects the output of animation. There was a terrible trend since half past...
  8. D

    Cartoon all stars to the rescue.

    Fat Albert did it better.... and it wasn't a joke when he did it. Bravestarr did the darkest one I've ever seen. Spoiler... kid DIES at the end. Very tragically to boot. And even before that he goes bat frakking bonkers and scares off all his friends. You know what drives me insane? You...
  9. D

    Muppet Fan just not feeling the Fan-a-thon

    Bazillion's a freaking number out of Codename KND! Bazillion was a failed attempt to be playful. Exaggeratory, even. They pretty much set themselves up for something idiotic right there. As literal as they possibly could get, Bazillion's basically a sort of portmanteau of Billion and...
  10. D

    Will Walter become the new Pepe?

    Amy managed to sneak a Sesame Street character (Wolfgang the Seal) and the LaChoy dragon in a couple times. Shelli managed to go off copyright completely in cases (though, altered to a parody extent). I gotta take these things all out and flip through them to check that other stuff out...
  11. D

    Cartoon all stars to the rescue.

    And to think, the only reason this will never be released is because Garfield was used without permission. Still... there HAS to be a better way to get cartoons to collaborate than a preachy anti-drug special.
  12. D

    Muppets cast and crew interviews

    I'm so glad someone put them up on YT. The player the site used was CRAP! The sound didn't sync at all... I had to watch the Walter interview 10 times before I actually heard him say ANYTHING.
  13. D

    ABC News Video: Jason Segel, Muppet Savior

    I can barely afford anything. Guess how many of the Sonic Generations action figures I have. 0 Guess how many Nicktoons Shout released DVD's I bought 0. I'm amazed I had the money to get comic books, and maybe with 2 getting canned, I have a tiny amount more. I'm going to try and get as...
  14. D

    How do we start a petition for more Sesame Street Old School DVD's?

    Here's the Catch 22. No one pays attention to internet petitions anymore. Sure, it got us Fraggle Rock on DVD... they claim it was what saved Family Guy, but it was really DVD sales and ratings of the CN reruns. And yet, if we don't, they won't notice there's a market for it. I really think...
  15. D

    What in the world became of Tom and Jerry?

    The thing about South Park and Family Guy is that they go out of their way to be offensive, but in a clever (as far as Family Guy goes, sometimes clever), bitingly nasty way. But it isn't just race with these guys... religion, physical disabilities... that stuff's supposed to shock those who...
  16. D

    If some Muppets had theme songs

    There's no tracklisting, but this is pretty close to what you get That's LITERAL character theme songs.
  17. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    Some plushes for some reason vary. I remember getting 2 Baby Kermit plush when I was little... one had a flaw in the cardboard/plastic shaper in the mouth so it looked like it was screaming...the other had something else weird wrong with it, but I can't remember. Also wound up getting 2 Bean...
  18. D

    What in the world became of Tom and Jerry?

    As an animation fan and wanna be critic who's seen just about everything in the world from just about every era... I have a special place in my hate for 1930's cartoons. Honestly, that was the Fleischer's best era and those cartoons were gold... but everyone else SUCKED in that era (conversely...
  19. D

    New Regency Lands ‘Fraggle Rock’ Feature Rights Auction

    Watered down MFS was ALSO due in part to a hack director that wanted to focus on mundane crap. But there was general ennui about the project all around. MFS could have been so much better, but let's face it... the plot was gimmicky and ONLY had a space plot because it was Star Wars summer, and...
  20. D

    Mid 90's Toons! (Tick, Rockos, Eek the Cat, Critic, Catdog, Family Dog)

    I mean, mid-late 90's before Pokemon ruined everything and everyone had to copy them and they shoved everything off Kid's WB... that was a true Renaissance. And to think, it took Ren and Stimpy and Doug to get som e of these out there... Oh.. and the Disney Afternoon. I love some of the stuff...
Top