Search results

  1. D

    Sesame Street composer charged with spreading child porn

    He still managed to compose 7 (albeit very minor) songs for the show. This and the revelations about Chris Langham (see earlier post) who wrote for the Muppet Show are both disappointing. Worst of all, I bet if we ever get Muppet Show Season 4 and 5, his episode is cut from the release.
  2. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    I call bullcrap on that. They DID rerelease Toy Story 1 and 2 when the third one was coming out... they didn't need to repackage or rerelease any of the Cars DVD's, since they only came out a few years before. But I see they repackaged all the currently available with free movie ticket...
  3. D

    Possibility of Fraggle Viral videos?

    The problem is, it's been such a long time since the DVD's were initially released that they really can't do all that much of anything at this point, unless they just rerelease what they already have in shiny packages that say "Catch Fraggle Rock on the Hub" on them. Personally, I just want the...
  4. D

    Sesame Street composer charged with spreading child porn

    Okay... I found the songs that He composed Not a very long list, and not all that many current ones. Still, pretty depressing that this would happen.
  5. D

    My contribution to fan art

    I'm sure there aren't any Umineko fans out there, my sister loves the show, but anyway... Gonz-OH DESIRE!!
  6. D

    Possibility of Fraggle Viral videos?

    I've been calling for Henson to rebuild the Uncle Matt and go out and have on the spot interview viral videos for some time now. Even if they made Henson Alternative virals with the puppeteers just messing around with real people in public and filming those. That's what Henson needs to do...
  7. D

    What would it take for you to stop watching current episodes?

    I don't think anyone has a problem if they showed old segments in new episodes. Somehow I feel SW keeps painting itself into corners they desperately want to get out of. It's the problem of classic skits not fitting into the show, not by design, but by their time constraints. I keep...
  8. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    I wasn't really annoyed until I saw Arthur Christmas stuff at TRU. I mean, Disney has the excuse that Toy Story and Cars are pretty toyetic films that have consistently sold merchandise (they clearly over-ordered the TS3 stuff... most of it's going to clearance stores like Marshall's and Five...
  9. D

    Sesame Street composer charged with spreading child porn

    I'm more disappointed that someone who worked on something that brings so much joy to children was capable of this.
  10. D

    Frank Oz worked on a new Muppet movie script

    I have nothing but the highest respect for Frank Oz, and I completely respect his career choices... even movies that were... well... less than stellar. Why did no one ask him about the remake of his movie Death at a Funeral? That would have been a more interesting question with an interesting...
  11. D

    Footage of Big Bird Storymagic toy

    Youtube member blueoctopede has posted a couple videos of Storymagic Big Bird in action... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3cBlAAYGM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn_Tf2lSadU Very cute... kinda wish I had one when I was younger.
  12. D

    Frank Oz worked on a new Muppet movie script

    That's something that's been taken out of context. Somehow I feel that, while he has qualms of how the movie was written back when he got the script (and again, I assure that it is an early draft), but was also annoyed by the fact that one single thing has to define him and his career. We also...
  13. D

    Will there be midnight showings of "The Muppets"?

    I actually don't mind waiting until tomorrow when I'm (hopefully) well rested. Though I'm still kinda bummed I can't see BOTH The Muppet Movie and the new one. Meanwhile, another theater near me, in honor of Being Elmo (which I don't have the money to see both of them :sympathy: ) was playing...
  14. D

    Frank Oz worked on a new Muppet movie script

    This is the only report I've heard where Frank was working on a Muppet movie script. Considering this report was basically rehashing a story that was already rehashed, I can't say I'd be too sure that it's true. In fact, I completely doubt that he was. Unless they got lines crossed with the...
  15. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    Well considering the problems that the actor who portrayed David had, it's all for the best. Funny thing is, Gina and Savion were clearly a couple, but Savion left to do other things... same with Gabby and Miles (who also left for other things). Still, I'm surprised NO ONE complained about...
  16. D

    Dad hears a "racial slur" on Fraggle Rock

    What bugs me is the guy who saw malicious intent in this misheard line whined about it, reported it to his minister, got the attention of Hub and Henson, causing them to censor it, and then complained that their censoring it because he pointed it out meant that they were in the wrong in the...
  17. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    I always personally believed that the ONLY reason why Maria and Luis were a couple was because the Maria/David relationship was feared to be promoting an interracial couple. Now they did discuss love on multiple occasions... none of which promoted any agenda. The Maria and Luis wedding (and...
  18. D

    Disney Rewards Home Page Muppified

    Actually, they have a smaller wall poster for sale in various stores (I saw one at Five Below) based on this international poster Only with a Disney logo on the piece of cardboard that Zoot's holding. It's not quite the same thing, but this is for sale in regular stores.
  19. D

    Frank Oz worked on a new Muppet movie script

    Where to start... As I said, the earlier version of the script was most likely what Frank saw, and since then the script went through some changes (which were welcomed by the writers of the film) under the guidance of the staff at Muppet Studios. I said it before and I'll say it again. If...
  20. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    I must stress one more time, this thread isn't because of the either or, but rather the fact SW is making a nod to it in merchandise. They only took a stand on them NOT being a gay couple, and the shirts are nothing more than a snickering aside... like I said earlier, even though they have...
Top