Search results

  1. D

    Kids' shows nowadays

    I know what you meant. Things tend to go really off topic. But I agree there's just something off about preschool kid's shows. Thankfully it's beginning to turn around.
  2. D

    "MAN OR MUPPET" Nominated for Best Original Song OSCAR!

    Looked at the other nominations. Pixar so got snubbed. But then again, I agree that they should have. This was definitely the year they'd sit it out.
  3. D

    "MAN OR MUPPET" Nominated for Best Original Song OSCAR!

    Every song should have been nominated. I don't think there's a single Muppet fan here that wouldn't think so. Even Me party.
  4. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    They're too busy with Cars stuff. Cars and Princesses are all they really care about (still better than Tween Pop Divas). And guess what? The Cars stuff (like all movie merchandise) is sitting the heck on the shelves and no one's actually buying it. But the thing is, it isn't JUST Disney, it's...
  5. D

    "MAN OR MUPPET" Nominated for Best Original Song OSCAR!

    And it will lose to some whiny thing from some depressing foreign-esque film. Or random rap.
  6. D

    Kids' shows nowadays

    I find it utterly ridiculous people had a problem with that in the first place. No one's really farting, no one's eating each others poo (a Tim Hill classic/slightly sick obsession... I'm glad he didn't pull that crap with MFS), and it was a one off gag. In one version of the script, it was...
  7. D

    Kids' shows nowadays

    The two are pretty mutual. Chicken and Egg stuff, actually. They show horrible people doing horrible stuff and horrible people watch. Reality TV, unlike scripted stuff, follows no moral code. 90% of the time, bad people have comuppance in scripted programming. Look at every Gordon Ramsey...
  8. D

    Kids' shows nowadays

    I never thought Glee was supposed to be a family show. Maybe for middle to older teenagers that felt like outcasts (Freaks and Geeks was better), but it seemed like something for the 16-24 set... maybe the older drama geeks that remember how crappy their club was and how the jocks got all the...
  9. D

    Gonzo Plush 2011

    Great job. I personally wouldn't do that, for fear of screwing it up, but it really shows that there's something off with the eyes. he definitely looks a little more like Gonzo with a tweak. I was going to suggest felt and a magic marker, but you just improved on what was there without buying...
  10. D

    Have all episodes of Sesame Street survived?

    Personally, I want to see what the heck happened to this segment: It's clearly a parody of the Sparta Cheerleaders from SNL, and that's definitely a Muppet caricature of Will Ferrel.
  11. D

    Gonzo Plush 2011

    Interesting. Are you able to post a snapshot of it?
  12. D

    Kids' shows nowadays

    Spongebob is a fascinating character. He's so much unbridled optimism that he's forever childlike, and he actually likes, nay worships working at the most reviled of tedious low paying jobs... fast food cook. Squidward is a very bitter soul who treats his job as a job, can't see why...
  13. D

    Uh...that's WHAT,Telly?

    Now that I remember the context, I'd say Telly wasn't trying to be mean at all. A lot of people who are friendly to each other usually call something lame. It's not so much mocking Chris, but rather saying, it would be pretty lame if all we did was pretend to look like shapes when we can do...
  14. D

    Uh...that's WHAT,Telly?

    The problem with the word "sucks" isn't the word itself, it's the word that's associated with it. We know that word, I don't want to bring it up... but I've heard a healthier alternative in "Sucks eggs." Heard that once on Histeria! I don't think they'd use that in Sesame Street, though.
  15. D

    Kids' shows nowadays

    One of the characters must act out or something. I dunno, I've never bothered with a critical look. Actually, Hanna Montana WAS like the shows they had in the 90's (and the 80's for that matter)... remember TeenNBC's line up? Even feels like a lot of old 80's sitcoms (and not in a good way)...
  16. D

    Uh...that's WHAT,Telly?

    I never hear the word lame used as anything else, actually. I know the original archaic definition of the word points to one thing, but society has abandoned that word for that purpose and has given it a new one. Like the term "lame duck," used for politicians (and sessions with said...
  17. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    That Gonzo looks pretty good to me... better than the Disney Plush (only because of those crazy Family Guy eyes it had). Unless it looks worse in person. I don't see how something like those wouldn't have done well over here... the FAO Schwartz puppets were selling well at the TRU locations...
  18. D

    What would it take for you to stop watching current episodes?

    Spider-Monster proves the writers want to do great, sharp, biting things, but they have too much of a leash on them due to curriculum and show structure. You can't blame the writers, actually...
  19. D

    Have all episodes of Sesame Street survived?

    Be thankful this isn't a British show. I hear nothing but horror stories of wiping (reusing master tapes by taping over older shows)... they're putting out a call to see if anyone can track down lost Dr. Who episodes. I'm sure Sesame Street has everything possible, even stuff they can't show...
  20. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    Something occurred to me. It isn't so much Disney dropped the ball (I've never been one of those people), but I feel they (as well as retailers, who technically are more at fault) grossly underestimated how well Muppet merchandise would do. Everywhere I've been that carries some of the Muppet...
Top