Search results

  1. D

    Adventures in Wonderland

    The Queen of Hearts being more of a friend to Alice and the rest is the one thing that's easy for us to confirm... Looking up wikipedia, both episodes you described are indeed real.
  2. D

    Okay... I'm TOTALLY excited for Wreck it Ralph now...

    Seriously? What kind of video games do you play if you don't know Dr. Albert Wily?
  3. D

    Okay... I'm TOTALLY excited for Wreck it Ralph now...

    You know... that Disney inhouse CGI movie about the video game bad guy who wants to turn his life around? Well, it turns out, Disney isn't just creating a bunch of video game villains for the movie... they actually have VERY famous video game villains in the film. That's right. King Koopa...
  4. D

    Adventures in Wonderland

    I remember seeing it when they reran it a few years ago on Sunday Mornings... I think my sister had a VHS of it... forget which episode. Much like Disney's Talespin (though not that radical a change), they managed to take the characters and do something very interesting with them. It's been...
  5. D

    Kermit and Miss Piggy to present award at Oscars

    Even if it isn't, we STILL got the Muppets at the Oscars! I had a feeling we'd get them in some capacity.
  6. D

    Hollywood Studios Muppet Shop

    And to think, the latest series gave rise to Bronies.... that's the magic of Lauren Faust, one of the writers of Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends... Still haven't seen an episode, though. Seen clips... not a full episode. Kinda intrigued.... When I was really, REALLY little I did have girls...
  7. D

    Hollywood Studios Muppet Shop

    I hate it... though... I did dig when Burger King had the DBZ/PPG promotion where you got BOTH toys. But that's how most toys are sold... action figures and die cast cars for boys, dolls and stuffed toys for girls. I do hate that, especially considering how many girls grew up loving TMNT and...
  8. D

    Forged Muppet Autographs?

    Unless you're there in person asking for one, there's a good chance whatever autograph you have is fake. I have no problems with my fake Fozzie autograph I got several years ago. Didn't think they'd bother tracking down Frank Oz or Eric Jacobson to sign it anyway. I have REAL autographs of...
  9. D

    Schoolhouse Rock, Anyone?

    I forgot to mention the brilliant Ollie North SHR parody from American Dad. One of the many reasons that show is far superior to Family Guy.
  10. D

    The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

    Never happens to Ataru... but then that's a bad example right there. :crazy:
  11. D

    The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

    I ONLY call Schadenfreude on the kinds of people that call Schadenfreude on me. :fishy:
  12. D

    Schoolhouse Rock, Anyone?

    I wasn't really going to say much in this thread, I'll elaborate why later, but that specific Earth Rock piece seems a LITTLE too much like... only... sucky. And Electric Company has a REASON to spell things. Now, I can dig School House Rock. It's catchy, it's fun... but I never had that deep...
  13. D

    Video: James Bobin and Bret McKenzie talk Muppets and the Oscars

    The Awards are famous for the WTFrakk nominations... what's worse are the WTFrakk wins. I fail to see why Sandra Bullock and that generic sports movie where she puts on a bad wig and an even worse accent was better than the breakout star of Precious (who, let's face it, isn't guaranteed many...
  14. D

    Video: James Bobin and Bret McKenzie talk Muppets and the Oscars

    I loved the Backson song. I almost got the entire soundtrack just for that. I'm stewing that there isn't any Backson merchandise yet. That little bit at the end was my favorite part of the movie. I've been saying, the best way to get a Muppet fix is to have them award the nominees for best...
  15. D

    The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

    I still think if singles want to celebrate Valentines ironically (or this Black Day), what we REALLY need to do is secretly snicker behind the backs of couples with greedy, uncontrollable, misbehaving kids that clearly didn't want them. And the fact that half the time the mother looks like she...
  16. D

    Video: James Bobin and Bret McKenzie talk Muppets and the Oscars

    Well...heh... personal feelings aside about Madonna and Gnomeo and Julie-gnome... and the fact I think the animation nods are pretty solid considering this was destined not to be Pixar's year.. The Academy has proven how... eh... well... how Academy they are. If nothing else, there should have...
  17. D

    The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

    Yeah.. I hate the whole "It was created by women to get more stuff" thing... I happen to know by being forced to see so many romance animes ($%^#!! Gimme my freaking Fist of the North Star!) that there are 2 specific holidays in Japan... White Day and their version of Valentines day. Their...
  18. D

    Hollywood Studios Muppet Shop

    Cars stuff sold extremely well the first time, and it supposedly is doing well this time, though all I ever see when I go to the Disney Store are Cars things on sale or clearance. Mostly the plush... they made every single character there. I'm disappointed they didn't make a Kabuki Mater...
  19. D

    Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

    Yeah, I wish they cast a less... well... effeminate kid to play Jim. If you ask me, it should have been Robin, but whatever... he's the only major problem I have with the movie. I think Tim Curry more than makes up for it, though. Big Tim Curry fan here.
  20. D

    Hollywood Studios Muppet Shop

    The way Muppet merchandise, or what little of it we have manages to do in stores (I tend to find only one of something left every time) SHOULD have told Disney that this is going to be their big money maker. But sadly, they ignore it, and keep pumping out the same Cars and Princess stuff that...
Top