Search results

  1. D

    Kermit and Miss Piggy to present award at Oscars

    I already mentioned that performance somewhere else. They do NOT want to have fun with Best Animated Awards anymore, and do that once cute, now incredibly lame thing where the animated characters sit in the audience and they get some dull intro by someone completely uninterested. Even Toy...
  2. D

    Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

    I feel my biggest problem is Kermit's role in most of the film, and he doesn't really become Kermit-like until the section with Miss Piggy. If there's one thing I strangely prefer over in MCC than MTI is the fact that Kermit's much more like Kermit throughout the film than in MTI. Actually, I...
  3. D

    Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

    Second half of CatDog's first season
  4. D

    Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

    I really wish that Scooter could have been in MCC as Scrooge's nephew instead of another actual human. I dunno where he'd be good in MTI.
  5. D

    Muppets you wish would come back!

    He'd be a great villain in a Pigs in Space segment. I agree. There's a lot of potential to build him up as some sort of regular threat to the Swinetrek crew. I want to see more virals period. I haven't seen anything not pertaining to the movie since Popcorn or whatever that last one was. I...
  6. D

    Pepe Potatoes

    Hate to post things three times, but....
  7. D

    Anyone else sick of this?

    I dunno... I actually think the sequence where, as a die hard Muppet fan, looks at the kidnapped, and completely unwilling to be in the show, Neil disappointingly mumbles "That should've been me!" I think that was a brilliant little aside.
  8. D

    OmniLab pulls funding from Power of the Dark Crystal

    The graphic novels, while not my taste, got an unexpected audience of Teenagers that never actually saw the movies, but opened their eyes to them. Free Comic day, when they released the Free Dark Crystal comic, EVERY store I went to was completely out of them... and I went early... at noon when...
  9. D

    Unexpected Mini-Kermit!

    Plush toys not relating to any of the action figure lines (South Park, Little Big Planet, or Adventure Time... those are with their respective action figure counterparts) in the 2 TRU I can get to are usually located near or around the preschool section. Though I did find Disney Princess dolls...
  10. D

    Signs the World IS Coming to an End in 2012

    Viva Pinata was... well... it wasn't as successful as it should have been, not because of the cartoon or that "no business sense whatsoever" 4Kids was behind it... but rather Microsoft wanted their own big recognizable video game characters. Big enough for it to be their mascot, ala Sega's...
  11. D

    Unexpected Mini-Kermit!

    It's good and all, but I don't know if it's 4 bucks good. Otherwise I would have picked it up and taken a photo of it to post up here. Check the preschool toy section. That's where I found it.
  12. D

    OmniLab pulls funding from Power of the Dark Crystal

    Too many things soured with Sony after Elmo in Grouchland, Muppets from Space and Buddy for me to want Henson to go back to them... even though they still continue to release the movies they own (and on Blu-Ray rerelease before Disner did any of theirs). Finding the perfect fit is almost...
  13. D

    Muppets you wish would come back!

    Angus worked better as a one shot character, I feel. I would like to see him, but the entire joke is the very tongue twister-ishness over his name, Angus McGonnagle the Argyle Gargoyle that gargles Gershwin.
  14. D

    Anyone else sick of this?

    It's my own fault for looking at the Muppet Wiki before I saw the movie. I agree with what Tough Pigs said about the spoilers. It was just too, too easy to find out the entire movie. Heck, we found out about the Mahnah Mahnah ending 2 years before it was filmed! :sigh:
  15. D

    The Muppets is now the top-grossing Muppet movie

    Somethings either don't translate to another country or just don't catch on. I'm sure a Tensai Bakabon movie wouldn't do well over here either. They just didn't have a good introduction over there... but they LOVE Sesame Street over there. That's why they're all over their Universal Studios...
  16. D

    The Muppets is now the top-grossing Muppet movie

    Well... from what I understand the Muppets aren't all that popular in Japan. Sesame Street sure. That's huge. But the Muppet Show? Not so much. I would be surprised if the dent that movie makes there is a significant one.
  17. D

    Okay... I'm TOTALLY excited for Wreck it Ralph now...

    When the movie first broke out, there was word that one of the characters would be a Pac-Man ghost. I'm sure glad they took the time and care to pay licensing fees to give us actual video game characters, instead of watered down, thinly veiled, obvious parodies. That said, they spent a fortune...
  18. D

    OmniLab pulls funding from Power of the Dark Crystal

    I've been saying this for years. They have the drive, they have the desire... they DON'T have leadership, focus, money and apparently not any connections either. Stuffed and Unstrung and their CGI kid's shows are the only thing they're running on. The Marvin Quasniki Presidential run stuff is...
  19. D

    "The Muppets" nominated for Sound Editors Awards

    They DID win for best music in a musical film.
  20. D

    Okay... I'm TOTALLY excited for Wreck it Ralph now...

    I've ALWAYS hated the name Bowser for King Koopa (his Japanese and animated series name)... for the record, his name has been retconned as King Bowser Koopa. Even if the movie isn't all that good, it'll be the best American movie Koopa's ever been in. That's for sure. Shame there is virtually...
Top