Search results

  1. D

    New Muppet Pez now available!

    I forgot to say, I found them barely a few weeks ago at a local supermarket. I bought the entire three piece set. The only complaint I have is that these are clearly based off of poser puppets... Kermit's mouth is kind of beak like, and Piggy's got that 2000 era poser head look. But these are...
  2. D

    Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

    I just said that. Anyway, there are at least 6 of these videos that are 3 episodes of a cartoon series... Hercules, Cinderella 2, Tarzan (the first DTV project, the second one was a prequel), I think there was something with Beauty and the Beast (not the Christmas one), Atlantis (which, like...
  3. D

    Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

    Hunchback was a strange choice of a Disney movie to begin with. It really seemed that in that period EVERYTHING got a sequel except for things that should have had sequels. Hercules 2 never happened... and the rumor was they were going to use the original plot of the Hercules movie (the one we...
  4. D

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    I think the better comparison here is that Youtube is like George Lucas (or Robert Zermeckis if you prefer). Something that was once revolutionary and visionary, that turned into an old fart that's too busy playing with its new toys to do anything of quality, especially against the wishes of...
  5. D

    Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

    On a technicality, Hollywood ran out of ideas decades upon decades ago. They make the same movies (either literal remakes or similar storylines) because there's nothing else to make. Everything's been done. Even the Star Wars movies, the original ones, took from samurai, cowboy, and Flash...
  6. D

    Muppets on ABC's The Bachelorette in May

    The fact they're getting exposure is indeed a good thing and all, but Bachelor/Bachelorette is such a toxic program. Even a step above most reality TV shows. I don't know why it all the sudden became popular again, since it was actually about to completely disappear years ago (even Family Guy...
  7. D

    "The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

    There were parts of Greg the Bunny that were genuinely classic and worked... then there was the cheap mentally disabled/sex joke/drug joke/alcohol joke... It's how I feel about Robot Chicken. They can have a generally funny segment that gets blown to crap with cheap frat boy humor. Yay...
  8. D

    The movie could have been even better (article)

    When it comes to vocal impressions, there's the period of relaxation where an actor (be it a puppeteer or voice actor) becomes so natural with the voice, it actually sounds quite different. For the most part he didn't sound that off to me, but there were sequences that sounded like ADR film...
  9. D

    Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

    Okay... you know what's even worse? Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 ! U can't believe they're making that a series of bad DTV movies as well. Especially after the lame fad of vapid upper class bimbos keeping those dogs in their purses died out just after the first movie. You remember that fad...
  10. D

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    New incredibly stupid feature... Yep... very large, cumbersome pictures of specific scenes from the video. Makes sense with a movie... not so much sense with a freaking 30 second commercial.
  11. D

    The Don Bluth Thread

    Say what you will about Ralph... he's completely underrated. Crackers, yes.. but underrated. Too bad that his LOTR movie went overbudget and never got a real ending. His version of Mighty Mouse is my absolute favorite... the stories that show has are amazing in and of themselves.
  12. D

    The Chipmunks

    The story about The Chippettes and the Chimpunks going to school worked. Even the revenge plot of Uncle Harry Ian were good, and I have a problem with revenge stories. But everything else in that movie just didn't work. I don't even see why we needed a human love story in the film, since the...
  13. D

    The Don Bluth Thread

    Dragons Lair is a video game. Like certain Sega CD games, that is, where you have to press buttons in a certain succession in relevance to what's happening on the screen. One wrong move, and you have to start over. There was a VERY rare DVD-Rom release that had the game edited together to...
  14. D

    Courtney Love Mad at the Muppets

    At the risk of saying something that would tick someone off... Fox News does it with EVERYTHING... every movie, every TV show... they want to perpetuate the old "The Liberals are coming to get you Barbara" scare tactic.
  15. D

    The Muppets 2011 Script

    They don't because they aren't. They claim nostalgia, but they only care about an imaginary audience of those who like things completely changed and altered to an annoying degree and kids who want to see movies about characters they've never heard of. Not this time, though. Like I said...
  16. D

    TV shows you wish would come back

    Like I said earlier, they're actually working to get a miniseries before they do a movie. I've had a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude about it, but it actually sounds like it's going to happen. At least one of the cast members mentioned it in an interview.
  17. D

    The Chipmunks

    By the way... The Chipettes DVD has been released... like I said, ONE episode they never released before is on it. They're doing it deliberately. ;) Didn't they cover it in the cartoon series, only they didn't really go into the moon and got stuck in a space simulator and thought that they...
  18. D

    TV shows you wish would come back

    Completely and utterly agreed. But for the sake of the thread... Better off Ted: It was very unfortunate that ABC didn't find a good place for sitcoms until after this series was cut short. It was brilliantly subversive, very nasty about corporations and interoffice politics. A Brilliant...
  19. D

    TV shows you wish would come back

    The name did them in. Pleasantburg, Wholesomington... something that got the point that this is a place where bad things happen and it has an ironic name without the word "Happy" in it. All I can think of when I hear "Happytown" is every parody of saccharine-ness in kid's programming ever...
  20. D

    The movie could have been even better (article)

    I'm going to say this to my dying day... but 30 seconds of song that basically introduce a key important plot point getting cut has no rationality behind it. I've seen stuff that was cut for flow, things that just ad to the enjoyment but aren't completely needed, exchanges and pauses that...
Top