Search results

  1. D

    Any Bronies on here?

    I cannot be a superfan of anything because my varied tastes betray my ability to focus on one singular property. EVEN with Muppets. Then there's the whole issue of being able to afford something. I have quite an impressive toy collection I constantly add to... very little of it is complete...
  2. D

    The Chipmunks

    IG 2 was marginally better than the first one. They at LEAST remembered that Dr. Claw is unseen and has a gravelly voice. And they DID reference villains from the cartoon. French Stewart at least managed to make Gadget look somewhat egotistical and incompetent, but VERY whiny. But then...
  3. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    Me too... but I was kinda hoping Will Smith's star power would overtake that. I gotta admit, I LOVE the Dunkin Donuts MIB chocolate filled donut (even moreso than Captain America's frosted Jelly... DD doesn't have much variety unless it's a seasonal thing), but I wish they had other product tie...
  4. D

    Annoying Characters

    The thing about Junior is that he seems like an idiot, but in time he becomes quite smarter than his father. That's somewhere in the last season, and I've only heard about it (didn't get that set yet)... I wonder if that's a TV trope. A dumb character that becomes competent and heroic by the...
  5. D

    Elmo wants to get to the Olympics

    That's about 3 people who felt Grover in that role, but with Grover, things usually end in disaster and exasperation. Elmo's usually ends in triumph. Available performer aside, Elmo is a character they want to see succeed because, well, if it were Grover, it would be funnier if he failed...
  6. D

    Annoying Characters

    Baby Bear is strange. There's something about him that could have been a Richard character. But a small, bit character or something. He basically became a regular because I think David Rudman needed to get his own regular character on the show. But the Sesame Street character (and those who...
  7. D

    Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

    UGH! Apparently that Snow Twilight movie did well at the box office. And unfortunately, MIB 3 was cut down to 20 something Million this weekend. But as far as Avengers goes, even though it went Third this week, It's become the number 3 grossing film. I really hope when all is said and done...
  8. D

    The Chipmunks

    As off the mark as the second film was in terms of product placement and terrible casting decisions, at least it wasn't a movie that relied on a gimmick. Chipwrecked was, and I'm more and more glad I skipped it. I don't know who decided to make it a hard G rating, but that clearly means...
  9. D

    Elmo wants to get to the Olympics

    Say what you will about Elmo, that's absolutely adorable.
  10. D

    RIP Richard Dawson

    I... uh... kinda thought he was already gone. Also of note, the Trololo singing guy apparently died. We lost an overused internet meme.
  11. D

    Smell like a Fraggle

    Facepalm... we can't have a decent PVC collectible line, but we have this. But Boober's makes the most sense of them all.
  12. D

    Annoying Characters

    It comes down to overuse. The characters were on way too many skits and doing way too many dumb guy jokes. Anything is funny if done properly, timed well, and used strategically like rations. There are some choice Andy and Randy moments (again, John Goodman episode), but the rest of the time...
  13. D

    Funko POP! Muppet figures coming in 2012

    That's why I'm mixed. I'm a little disappointed that the good Doc doesn't have a Bobblehead due in line with the others, but Sweetums has very little merchandise himself. Just that one online exclusive Palisades figure from almost 10 years ago (It's been that long, guys). And that's a modern...
  14. D

    Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

    Ttch! No wonder why you thought you outgrew them. You needn't have me bore you with the same opinions I've always said about those three movies... MCC was missing quite a bit, MTI got some of it back, MFS lost something else in the process. The only preferable thing about MFS over the others...
  15. D

    Frank Oz Interview with EW

    Frank is VERY busy with other projects, and while he does still pop up on Sesame Street from time to time, he has left the Muppet Show characters for other pursuits. I don't think the studio or writers intentionally left him out. After all, the writers did go to him first with their script...
  16. D

    Annoying Characters

    On the subject of Bean Bunny... I have a problem with Baby Bean in Muppet Babies. The writers clearly didn't like working with him. other than like one good episode, he just came off a depressed version of the character... one who's constantly asserting his cuteness and always happy.
  17. D

    Frank Oz Interview with EW

    The characters here were a lot deeper than they were in the past 3 movies. Homogenized is alright by me, as long as they aren't just stuck with happy faces in a plastic environment. Still, I've said before, if he had a problem with the script he was more than welcomed to give some input...
  18. D

    Funko POP! Muppet figures coming in 2012

    If you look at the link enclosed, whoever posted that news confused the POP figures with the Bobbleheads. The Dr. Teeth Bobblehead somehow got replaced by a Sweetums, which I'm fairly mixed about.
  19. D

    Is Gonzo Being phased out?

    Other than the callback to the first Muppet Movie, plumbing being what Gonzo was doing before he met the others, I find it as an allegory of what was going down with the character of Gonzo in the later projects. Sure, there were hints of Gonzo being Gonzo in MCC, MTI, and MFS... but he rarely...
  20. D

    TV Alert: Grover and Telly on Fox and Friends May 31

    Turns out they're not even going to fire the guy behind it after all The FCC's just something people call on to overreact to television content old fogeys find unacceptable now, isn't it?
Top