Search results

  1. D

    Things you miss

    I see your point, but it's still no excuse for the character being so flat and passive that she was only there because she had to, and had no chemistry with any of the characters. The writers wanted none of that. They put her in a situation where she had to be prominent, but she couldn't be...
  2. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

    Arthur's worse. It's basically a 5-6 month long wait for a season of 10 episodes, split up into 5 episodes sometime in October, 5 episodes sometime in May. Especially grating, as the last 2 seasons were seen all at once overseas.
  3. D

    Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

    As near as I can tell, it's probably the money that PBS uses to buy the episodes. I don't know if the money goes directly to Sesame Workshop before it hits PBS, but it costs a lot to air a TV show. That's how regular television works. The show is funded by advertisements, and when the ratings...
  4. D

    Overused Plots in Movies and TV

    3rd Rock was the best of the bunch. Even better than Mork and Mindy. I just don't see anything outshining 3rd Rock's version of an alien sitcom. But that can be attributed to John Lithgow's bombastic performance. That show was a positive genre killer for me (as in it spoils everything else...
  5. D

    Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

    It was cheaper than blurring them out?
  6. D

    Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

    The more I see the actual ad, the more I think it was supposed to be an inhouse joke that they put on the web, and then someone thought it was a good idea to use as a real ad to paint Romney as a cold uncaring industrialist that only cares about his rich buddies he can take advantage of/can take...
  7. D

    Sort of Tiny Toons Season 2 coming to DVD

    Not quite. June once stated she had to go back and audition for Granny in Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries, especially since they wanted a Bea Benaderet type voice, even though she wasn't used all that much. Eventually she did get the role, but she kinda had to put up a fight for it.
  8. D

    "Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

    There's a very good chance this will be a CGI film, trouble is, there's no way these characters would look good in CGI. Ever see Snoopy toys? They have those weird flat eyes because he looks strange in turn around... And when we usually see Snoopy, he's in some weird 3/4ths view with both...
  9. D

    Things you miss

    You realize that Elmo the Musical replaces Elmo's world, and is only 11 minutes long, right? Elmo's World, unless some snotty parents get their way, is pretty much dead. I'd love to see them talk about handicapped characters as long as the character comes first, and not the disability. Kids...
  10. D

    "Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

    The Scooby -Doo movie suffered the Brady bunch effect. They were spending 90 minutes to make jokes about the original cartoon. I don't think this will be the case at all. The Schulz estate has very big veto power, and I'd imagine whoever writes this will be under heavy scrutiny to keep the...
  11. D

    Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

    They tried... and no one watched. Trust me. Besides, Dems wouldn't pull the plug no matter what. It goes against their "wasteful spending" stereotype.
  12. D

    Sort of Tiny Toons Season 2 coming to DVD

    I don't think that's gonna be a problem. I'm sure they got letters in varying degrees of politeness to frustration about Elephant Issues, and wouldn't want to skip a banned episode again. Of course, I hope we get a volume 4.
  13. D

    Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

    Sure, but the Democrats will keep PBS funded. The Reps take it as a petty partisan jab, all the while covering their butts for the corporate welfare that could fund PBS several hundred times over. Like the cartoon Beaker posted, PBS gets 6 hours of wartime in funding. The right's candidate...
  14. D

    "Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

    I'm surprised there are loopholes. I guess the not letting anyone touch his work only meant he didn't want anyone to forge the comic strip (something that happened to most comic strips over time, the quality lags... but then again, that usually happens when the same guy still does it) or to...
  15. D

    Things you miss

    That sums up the problem perfectly. The structure season (32) ruined the course of the show. They were getting more structured before that, lumping the number and letter sketches with each other... but there's no time to stop and smell the Muppet flowers, since everything has to fall into the...
  16. D

    "Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

    There has never been nor ever will be a live action Peanuts (excluding the two musicals). It's hard enough getting 8 year olds to talk philosophically when reading a script at a recording booth. That's why we have the classic Peanuts delivery. I don't even think most of them realize what they...
  17. D

    Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

    That series attacked Televangelists. No one said a word. We seem to forget that in the 80's, these right wing based scam churches were everywhere, telling people what to be afraid of, who to vote for, and then asking them for money and embezzling it. The Bakers and Stewart were both caught in...
  18. D

    "Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

    Now, I'm very mixed about this considering what animation studio is behind it. I will say Boom has done a very good job with their comic book, keeping the characters completely in tact and pitch perfect in new stories. They're under heavy scrutiny from the Schulz children and Schulz legacy...
  19. D

    Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

    That's an oversimplification. The left attacks the right, sure... sometimes on things that are kind of petty... as far as the right goes, they attacked the president on his birth certificate, attacked him again because it was a "fake," attacked him for not being faster on Libya, attacked him...
  20. D

    Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

    Cuz they're both the same, right? One party's defending the Muppets, the other's attacking them with every kookoo conspiracy theory in the books. So yeah... exactly the same. I never tire of that. EVER.
Top