Search results

  1. D

    TV Tropes

    I hate when I read it and I have a joke explained to me that I should have been able to piece together. Of course, half the time it's based on some detail I had long forgotten... case in point, this quote from the page of the unreleased Jerry Lewis Holocaust Clown movie:
  2. D

    Hot Wheels releasing an Electric Mayhem Bus

    It seems like something you have to check a Toys R Us for. They usually have a monopoly on certain toys and toylines. Like I said, this is the premium line. It's much harder to find than the standard Hot Wheels line up. TRU is probably a good bet.
  3. D

    TV Alert: Muppets "Letters to Santa" on CW December 11

    Eh, it's that inexpressive new Gonzo puppet they have.
  4. D

    Sesame Street to tackle divorce, for real this time

    Death is a very permanent and depressing thing. What made the Hooper episode powerful is that we hide death from children, especially in ridiculous, heavy handed ways in kid's television in this country. No one can die. They're perfectly alright but you never see them again. And anytime...
  5. D

    Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

    You know the sad thing? I saw how they changed the animation to Cailou (also from Cookie Jar) a couple years back and I expected this to happen all along. Just under Cookie Jar. And sadly, the animation is better than the even clunkier crap they use. I caught some of that horrible Doodlebops...
  6. D

    Hot Wheels releasing an Electric Mayhem Bus

    Unfortunately, it looks to be one of their premium lines that costs a bit more, rather than their regular line. A shame, since I was able to get Ecto One, the 60's Batmobile, and the Back to the Future DeLorian in the regular line. Even had an Angry Birds car.
  7. D

    New Book: The 12 Days of a Muppet Christmas

    Amy's Muppet artwork is extraordinary. She really gets the characters and it's great to see that translated into children's storybook form. These books can stand up to the classics like The Night Gonzo threw a Party and Case of the Missing Mother. Not to mention the 1980's Sesame Street books...
  8. D

    Speculation: The Ultimate SST Action Figure Lineup

    I believe t he line's cursed. I wouldn't see anyone putting one together. Besides, the toy license is in Hasbro's hands. I doubt they're making action figures. But I'm pretty disappointed that there hasn't been any new additions to the buddy pack line after the Elmo/Count soccer pack and the...
  9. D

    TV Alert: Muppets "Letters to Santa" on CW December 11

    The thing that bothers me is that at one point, the CW said "More Muppets," and showing the same special is far from more. I really doubted that they'd be able to put up a promise that couldn't be kept as they don't actually own the franchise, especially since Disney didn't say anything. But...
  10. D

    Sesame Street to tackle divorce, for real this time

    I see what you're getting at, but we all have to realize, this is for 3-5 year olds. They do need to realize everything's okay, even if it's a little dishonest. They're more mature than we realize, sure... but messy and complex will just make this thing incredibly difficult for the child to...
  11. D

    TV Alert: Elmo on Michael Bublé's "Home for the Holidays" Christmas special Monday December 10

    The Count's version is great and all, but it just isn't Christmas until I hear Darkwing Duck sing it off key after getting run over by a flatbed truck driven by Bushroot. And I sure as heck wouldn't want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Not after I found out the unique way they mark their territory.
  12. D

    Sesame Street to tackle divorce, for real this time

    Yeah. It's not like they didn't try, but they kinda got bad results with it and never brought the topic up again with the exception of the one about the bird that lives in two trees or whatever it was. Shame it took them this long. Because of that, they were beaten to the punch multiple...
  13. D

    Sesame Street to tackle divorce, for real this time

    Sad thing is, a few kid's shows beat Sesame Street to the punch. I think Arthur really handled Buster well by not mentioning it until a while down the road, and only because the other kids were overly sensitive and thought he was going to be lonely and miserable on father's day. Fat Albert...
  14. D

    TV Alert: Elmo on Michael Bublé's "Home for the Holidays" Christmas special Monday December 10

    Too busy with How I Met Your Mother and 2 Broke Girls. Plus I don't much care for Buble anyway.
  15. D

    New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

    That said, I barely know who Waltz was anyway.
  16. D

    Sesame Street to tackle divorce, for real this time

    That does bring up a logical point. We rarely got to see any of the parents, and usually when we did, it was the mother. Even the Two Headed Monster got a mother. We never saw or heard mentions of any dads... except Cookie Monster in that one Conversations with my Father parody. These guys...
  17. D

    Warner Bros. Drops Out of Calvin & Hobbs Movie

    Except I wouldn't let anyone under the age of (being very generous) 15 (when teenagers' minds are collectively in the gutter anyway) near Ted. I see no major reason why a kid friendly movie with a similar concept wouldn't work, vs the hundreds of poorly remade live action versions of cartoon...
  18. D

    The Gravity Falls Thread

    As much as I love Phineas and Ferb, this show just might eclipse it for me. I really hope it hits hard enough to gain a strong merchandising backbone out of it. Hopefully the wait won't hurt the ratings too much. It seems everything else gets a new season the second they finish another up...
  19. D

    New Book: The 12 Days of a Muppet Christmas

    I was finally able to find the Muppet books at Barnes and Nobel. Unfortunately, they had every published one except the Christmas one.
  20. D

    Sesame Street to tackle divorce, for real this time

    I think they could have very well done the same story again with Snuffy, just telling it retrospectively. Me? I'm just glad it's not Elmo. Every time they have one of these specials they need him, as he's the most relatable character. And wouldn't you know, it's always something unfortunate...
Top