Janice's lifestyle

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I think she has different views on nudity. She'll walk around naked on a beach, but won't strip for anyone. (Even if it is ar-tis-tic)
That's true. Another possibility I just thought of is that her mother disapproves of something entirely different, and Janice just uses the naked on a beach thing as a way of saying "Stop controlling me!"

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Janice and Floyd are a couple indeed. Maybe they just don't like showing off their relationship too much in public (They don't like going too lovey dovey in public). The only moments I noticed are:

*Their hug during the credits of The Muppet Movie. (And also in the beginning when Janice asks Floyd to buy popcorn for them.)

*Floyd kissing Janice on the cheek in The Muppets Go To Movies

*They've sat next to each other on certain occasions. (They're next to each during "The Rainbow Connection Finale" in The Muppet Movie; They share a bike and sing a lyric together during "Couldn't We Ride" and (if you look close enough) are sitting next to each other on the plane in The Great Muppet Caper; they sit next to each other (and glance at each other (if you look close enough) when Kermit says "I do") at the wedding, their lockers are next to each other, and Floyd defends Janice after Gonzo "yells at her" in The Muppets Take Manhattan)

*Floyd brought Janice up to Statler and Waldorf's balcony in the Danny Kaye episode.

*Floyd is walking next to Janice while telling his joke after "Don't Blame The Dynamite" in the Dom Deluise episode (In the same episode, after "We Got Us," he goes down to her.)

*Floyd and Janice do dance together in only ONE "At The Dance" sketch (In the Pearl Bailey episode. Two other "kinda" moments happen this episode. Janice is Floyd's princess in the jousting scene. Before they sing "In The Good Old Summertime" Floyd mentions to Pearl that "his main squeeze" got him the outfit he wore in the scene (You'd think automatically it's Janice.)

*Other than "Act Naturally," their only duet in The Muppet Show was "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover" in the Paul Simon episode.

* Floyd: C'mon, mama, you know what they say. The show must go on.
Animal: GO ON! GO ON!
Janice: Yeah, but it'll be rul hard to go when we're all dead.
Animal: DEAD! DEAD!
Janice: Oooooh. Please. I'd rather rehearse than listen to that.
Floyd:Good.
(Liza Minelli episode)
I totally forgot another FloydxJanice moment! And I just noticed it, too. In the Lola Falana episode, during "United We Stand" they have their arms around each other. After the song, Janice lays her head on Floyd's shoulder.

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I totally forgot another FloydxJanice moment! And I just noticed it, too. In the Lola Falana episode, during "United We Stand" they have their arms around each other. After the song, Janice lays her head on Floyd's shoulder.
There's also the part in A Muppet Family Christmas where everybody's singing Christmas carols, and Floyd and Janice are sitting rully close together. :flirt::sing:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Well, I am a woman too. Duh!
:halo: WOMAN! WOMAN!
AHHHHHHHH! ANIMALLLLL STOPPPPPPP!

I think to need to hide under a rock before Animal chases me again.
I think Animal finally meet his match in Muppets From Space. "I go now!" One of the moments that I thought were good in Muppets From Space.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
When was the first time Janice was shown with Floyd....I mean being close, not just performing in The Electric Mayhem? I remember in season 1, Janice usually danced with Zoot most of the time in at The Dance Spots. Perhaps even in the second season 2 while Dr. Teeth was dancing with someone else right next to them, I don't recall the episode. I think Floyd and Janice did finally dance with each other in a later Season 4 or 5 episode. Not to go off subject but when ever I think of those two seasons, it makes me wonder when those DVD box sets are going to come out. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yes, I believe the character was supposed to be a likeness of Mick Jagger, but I believe the design and the puppet ended up looking TOO femine, so they instead made the character female and named her after Janis Joplin. I wouldn't swear to it, but that's what I recall... I'm sure Muppet Wiki can either confirm that or deny it.
Though ironicly years later, Mick Jagger finally had his Muppet likeness on Sesame Street as Mick Swagger. In fact it was "I Can't Get No Cooperation" which introduced me to The Rolling Stones and I ended up going to see them in concern when I was in high school, What a show. :smile:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
When was the first time Janice was shown with Floyd....I mean being close, not just performing in The Electric Mayhem? I remember in season 1, Janice usually danced with Zoot most of the time in at The Dance Spots. Perhaps even in the second season 2 while Dr. Teeth was dancing with someone else right next to them, I don't recall the episode. I think Floyd and Janice did finally dance with each other in a later Season 4 or 5 episode. Not to go off subject but when ever I think of those two seasons, it makes me wonder when those DVD box sets are going to come out. :smile:
I believe it's either The Muppet Movie (when Janice asks Floyd to buy her popcorn) or the Pearl Bailey episode in Season 3 (The ONLY time Floyd and Janice dance with each other in an "At The Dance" segment. They do dance with each other one other time later in the series, just not in an At The Dance segment. There are also other hints of Floyd and Janice in this episode, too:*Janice is Floyd's princess in the "Camelot" scene *Floyd mentions that the other outfit he wears in the episode was a gift from his "main squeeze" (presumingly Janice). )

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
All I know is, Janice must REALLY consider Gonzo a friend. Alot of times she is telling him about her naked adventures and at the end of 'When ever I call you Friend', she kisses him, much to his shock.