Arm Rods?

Animal31

Reaction score
If you are talking about making the arm rods permanent, meaning they cannot be removed from the hand, then I would guess you would have to slightly alter any arm rods you purchased. Bend the top into an "L" and glue them between two pieces of foam before inserting into the hand...

Slackbot

Reaction score
I was unable to bend the ones I bought. So, I attached a safety pin bent to a right angle to the rod, with the sharp point down and the "latch" sticking out, and glued that into the foam. Worked perfectly.

I'd like to come up with a way to have detachable arm rods without rubber bands or other such ugliness, but so far no ideas have presented themselves. So, my puppet has a modular arm.

Animal31

Reaction score
I just came across some on Etsy, already bent, for $9.99.....

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Why not just make your own? With a little practice you'll able to get them exactly the way you want that way. Swazzle has a great tutorial here.

Rowlfy

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks to everyone for their great help! I'll look into all of the great tips and use them for my rod puppets for my puppet show!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Why not just make your own? With a little practice you'll able to get them exactly the way you want that way. Swazzle has a great tutorial here.
When I go to that page I only see an "0". In fact, the whole site seems to be MIA.