Fraggle Rock Movie Gets Screenwriters (Hollywood Reporter)

bandit

Reaction score
Even knowing Lou, she's hardly around long enough to be anyone's favorite but....you never know, I suppose. o.o

Borples

Reaction score
Even knowing Lou, she's hardly around long enough to be anyone's favorite but....you never know, I suppose. o.o
She could be someone's least favorite, though. Grrrrrrr, Lou. :mad:

Fraggline

Reaction score
Now, only a diehard fan would know Lou! :stick_out_tongue:
You said it! And kudos to you, Colgoff!

I guess I just thought it would be Mokey because I always thought she was a purplish-mauve (but after reading some replies, it definitely makes sense that she would be more of a pinky color) and because some people have confused her gender. I once saw a listing for a Tomy Mokey doll listed as Gobo's "Uncle Traveling Mokey," for instance. :smile:

bandit

Reaction score
You said it! And kudos to you, Colgoff!

I guess I just thought it would be Mokey because I always thought she was a purplish-mauve (but after reading some replies, it definitely makes sense that she would be more of a pinky color) and because some people have confused her gender. I once saw a listing for a Tomy Mokey doll listed as Gobo's "Uncle Traveling Mokey," for instance. :smile:
Uncle Tra---HAHAHAH! WHAT?! Talk about scrambled. Oh that's funny. Engrish strikes again, I suppose.
Mokey's pink! Or Mauve but of all of them, she is the closest to purple, I guess. Hey, I have to agree with Borples. I'm not a fan of Lou either. o.o I dunno what it is about her but...bleh.
I think it's that she seems so forced. ~_~

Borples

Reaction score
Sorry, I have to ask: do you dislike Lou, or were you just joking?

Sort of both. I dislike her, but not to the point where she makes me actually angry or anything. She's just so smug. She waltzes into Wembley's life and starts making decisions for him--when the whole point of the ep is that it's bad that Wembley's friends make his decisions for him! I mean, for all she knows, he might have had a good reason to have socks draped all over himself. When she asked if he wanted to have socks on his nose, or whatever she asked, he said, "Well, no, but..." and she didn't even let him finish his sentence before interrupting him and taking his socks. I mean, she happened to be right, more or less, but that's not the point. She was just as pushy as the rest of his friends in that episode.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Sort of both. I dislike her, but not to the point where she makes me actually angry or anything. She's just so smug. She waltzes into Wembley's life and starts making decisions for him--when the whole point of the ep is that it's bad that Wembley's friends make his decisions for him! I mean, for all she knows, he might have had a good reason to have socks draped all over himself. When she asked if he wanted to have socks on his nose, or whatever she asked, he said, "Well, no, but..." and she didn't even let him finish his sentence before interrupting him and taking his socks. I mean, she happened to be right, more or less, but that's not the point. She was just as pushy as the rest of his friends in that episode.
Okay, since I sort of dislike Lout too, I will get to the point when Boober gets pushed around in the episode "Boober's Quiet Day."

He was supposed to have a relaxing quiet day and guess who pushes him around? Sidebottom! So, he pushes him to tell his friends what he is doing which turn out to be harmless or sheer lies. Uh-oh! Then, Sidebottom transforms him into an old lady gyspy. Double uh-oh! Well, I felt so sorry for him. He did sort of have fun, though. Great episode! (laughs) Thank you for your comments, bandit.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Er, I watched that episode this morning, and that isn't the case. She asks him what he wants to do, she asks him if he really wants a rock on his belly or to be a sock rack, and she doesn't answer the questions for him. She waits until he tells her he doesn't want the rock, then takes it off him, and Wembley himself lowers his arms and shakes the socks off. The closest she gets to being pushy is giving Wembley a nudge in the direction of doing what is best for himself, but she never tells him what to do.

bandit

Reaction score
Bah! She's still a hateful wench. *laughs* I still feel like her character is too forced. her personality is strong but aside from that there is really nothing much more to her. She's a plot device. Plus, her voice grates on my nerves.