Sesame Street Classic Episodes Vol. 2 now available for download on iTunes

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's finally here! Fans can now download more Classic Sesame Street episodes.

Sesame Street Classics, Vol. 2 is now available on iTunes with twelve classic episodes from Season 5, Season 15 and Season 25. Sesame Street Classics Vol. 1 released in July 2011 and includes episodes from Seasons 1, 10 and 20. Each episode is $1.99 or they can be purchased by volume for $17.99. The Sesame Street Flashback in Volume 1 is a FREE download for everyone.

Help support the cause to ensure that future volumes are released.

Sesame Street Classics, Vol. 2

View and Order on iTunes

Bill Cosby Sings! Season 5, Episode 592

Released Feb 03, 1974
Bert’s a sneezing machine; train conductor Casey McPhee (Cookie Monster) has to fight the urge to eat his entire cookie cargo; Bert and Ernie demonstrate how to share cookies; and Bill Cosby stops by the Street to sing The Alphabet Song. This episode is brought to you by the letter G and the terrific number 3.

Sherlock Hemlock Investigates. Season 5, Episode 597

Released Feb 08, 1974
Sherlock Hemlock is on the case to solve the mystery of Ernie’s missing sandwich; Roosevelt Franklin talks about street crossing safety; and mad practical joker Harvey Kneeslapper visits the Street. Bert and Ernie spend a day at the beach and have a run-in with Tough Eddie; and Bert and Susan share a humorous story about the King’s Nose. This episode is brought to you by the letters Q and S, and the excellent number 8.

A Sesame Winter Wonderland. Season 5, Episode 598

Released Feb 09, 1974
Brrr…it’s winter on Sesame Street. Grover warms up with a visit to his friend Kermit; the Yip Yips are transfixed by a ringing telephone; lovable waiter Grover delivers a bowl of alphabet soup with missing letters; and roving reporter Kermit the Frog interviews the Three Little Pigs in an installment of Sesame Street News Flash. This episode is brought to you by the letter U and the novel number 9.

Lena Horne Sings the Alphabet Song. Season 5, Episode 600

Released Feb 11, 1974
Singer Lena Horne stops by to belt out The Alphabet Song; Bob tells an enchanting tale of Cutie and the Beast; Cookie and Ernie match up cookies while Kermit plays the imagination game; and—hold onto your hats—Bad Bart, the meanest man in the West, pays a visit to the Street. This episode is brought to you by the letters C and Y, and the extraordinary number 11.

The Ten Commandments of Health. Season 15, Episode 1854

Released Dec 17, 1983
Achoo! Snuffy’s got the sniffles and Big Bird thinks he needs a check-up; Dr. Thad and the Medications perform “The 10 Commandments of Health”; Kermit delivers an in-depth report on Hickory Dickory Dock in a Sesame Street News Flash. Plus: Ernie locks his cookies away from Cookie; and Super Grover does a fly-by while in search of a bus stop. This episode was brought to you by the letters M and O, and the nifty number 9.

Cookie Monster in Disguise. Season 15, Episode 1899

Released Feb 27, 1984
The Count and Olivia are photographing people on the Street; Cookie Monster is posing as a bunny (but why?); Bob and Simon identify barnyard sounds; and Wanda the Witch waxes poetic about the letter “W.” This episode was brought to you by the letters U and W, and the fantastic number 4.

Kermit Sings! Season 15, Episode 1952

Released Apr 23, 1984
Grover explains the meaning of “first” and “last”; Cookie Monster has to decide which cookie shape is best; Kermit belts out a tune called “This Frog”; and trouble is afoot as Ernie prevents Bert from getting a good night’s sleep. Also, the Two-Headed Monster and Grundgetta, Oscar’s girlfriend, pay a visit to the Street. This episode is brought to you by the letters G and Q, and the thrilling number 3.

Get Out and Vote. Season 15, Episode 1957

Released Apr 28, 1984
It’s Election Day on Sesame Street, and Big Bird is very excited to get involved; Kermit the Frog presents a Sesame Street News Flash; The Count recounts his first day of school; and over at the Monster Disco, Grover performs his smash hit, “ABC Disco.” World-class ballerina Suzanne Farrell stops by the Street to show off her high kick, and Guy Smiley plays “Name that Sound.” This episode is brought to you by the letters J and N, and the fantastic number 5.

Ruthie Dances. Season 25, Episode 3137

Released Nov 23, 1993
Get your body busy and put on your dancing shoes! Big Bird and guest star Ruth Buzzi dance ‘til they drop! Airline passengers Bert and actor Rick Moranis discover what they have in common; Grover the waiter tries to serve food in high winds; Bert and Ernie sing about visiting the Moon; and keeping teeth clean is fun with the dancing dentists! This episode was brought to you by the letters C and R, and the festive number 14.

The Grand High Triangle Lover's Success Story. Season 25, Episode 3171

Released Feb 27, 1994
The Grand High Triangle lover shares his admiration for triangles with Telly; Bruce Stringbean and The S. Street Band perform the smash hit, “Barn in the USA;” Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates sing How Deep Is Your Bathtub ; Bert and Ernie demonstrate “loud” and “quiet,” and Old MacDonald has a farm, but he’s lost his animals! This episode was brought to you by the letter R and the splendid number 17.

Welcome Wanda the Word Fairy. Season 25, Episode 3174

Released Feb 28, 1994
Wanda the Word Fairy (Andrea Martin) visits Sesame Street to demonstrate the meanings of certain words; a pair of flowers sing a song about how they came to be; Kermit tries to give Little Red Riding Hood directions to her grandmother's house (but she’s preoccupied); the Two-Headed Monster needs a new pair of shoes; and Bert tries to track down just who is playing his favorite instrument, the tuba, in the park. This episode was brought to you by the letters C and P, and the tip-top number 3.

Legendary Country Star Johnny Cash Sings a "Tall Tale.” Season 25, Episode 3240

Released Sep 02, 1994
In this musical episode, country music legend Johnny Cash stops by to sing a song; Bert croons “Need a Friend”; Ernie sings about why “Breakfast Is the Best Meal of the Day”; and Elmo performs The Alphabet Song. Plus: Alistair Cookie and Monsterpiece Theater present “Little House on Prairie”; and Big Bird and Snuffy are FBA (Federal Bureau of Addition) agents whose assignment is to count pies. This episode was brought to you by the letters S and F, and the sensational number 6.

If you order Sesame Street Classics Volume 2 or Sesame Street Classics Volume 1, please like this post.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a shame they seem to only be able to release three seperate seasons at a time. But the contents look good.

wiley207

Reaction score
*does a spit take*

Whoa, Episode 3174 has the Red Hot Riding Hood News Flash segment with the map and taxi? That's NEVER been available on the Internet before!!! And it's probably only a matter of time now until that segment shows up on YouTube.

And speaking of Kermit's special reports, I wonder which one is included on episode 1957. Without a doubt it's probably one already on SesameStreet.org or on YouTube.
So far there are only twelve Sesame Street News segments out of the 77 produced in less than 20 years (yes, that's an abnormally high amount of sketches for a recurring SST segment!) available almost complete on SesameStreet.org or YouTube (in English.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And speaking of Kermit's special reports, I wonder which one is included on episode 1957. Without a doubt it's probably one already on SesameStreet.org or on YouTube.

So far there are only twelve Sesame Street News segments out of the 77 produced in less than 20 years (yes, that's an abnormally high amount of sketches for a recurring SST segment!) available almost complete on SesameStreet.org or YouTube (in English.)
I hope it's one with either Dr. Nobel Price or Don Music. But we'll just have to wait until somebody downloads and reports.

And I wonder which interview with The Three Little Pigs it is. Given the season I'd say either the one with The Count or the straw house.

And here's hoping that Sam the Robot appears in some of the season 5 episodes and that Bruno and Brian Meehle's Elmo appear in the season 15 episodes (I was going to say Richard Hunt's Elmo, but I think season 15 is a bit early for that).

Frodis

Reaction score
I purchased them all today. I was zipping through them, for lack of time, looking for interesting clips. I was happy to see the 1969 anything muppet forwards/backwards sketch included. However, when I stopped to play it, it was in Spanish! So we're still outta luck for the full English version. I never knew that they aired redubbed foreign language Muppet sketches on Sesame Street.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. I just got some extra cash in my iTunes account recently and was wondering what to spend it on. Now I know. (Well, that and Cartoon Network's lineup since there are some shows I want to see on that network that I don't get.) Yeah. It will be cool to see, Elmo before he was Elmo. According to what I hear, he still had the name Elmo and third person speech, but he was lacking the voice we know today. I guess it was Brian in Season 15 and Richard in season 16, before Kevin took over in the season 17 premiere. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It will be cool to see, Elmo before he was Elmo. According to what I hear, he still had the name Elmo and third person speech, but he was lacking the voice we know today. I guess it was Brian in Season 15 and Richard in season 16, before Kevin took over in the season 17 premiere. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Note that I never said that a pre-Clash Elmo appeared in any of the season 15 episodes, I was merely hoping he'd be in some of those episodes.

I was happy to see the 1969 anything muppet forwards/backwards sketch included. However, when I stopped to play it, it was in Spanish! So we're still outta luck for the full English version. I never knew that they aired redubbed foreign language Muppet sketches on Sesame Street.
In episode 406 there's a cartoon about the number 20 that's shown in english and then suddenly repeated in spanish. I think there's another episode where something like that happens. Maybe that's the case here. (Or did you see everything in the episode?)

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
YESSSSS!!! :smile:

Purchasing the 70s eps. now. I guess good things really DO come to those who wait....

:wink: