Your Thoughts: "Being Elmo" Kevin Clash documentary on DVD and PBS

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually kinda liked the clean menus. The bottom nav reminded me of Blu-ray and that's kind of my one big complaint. Why wasn't this released on Blu-ray? I also had sound issues, but i live in a noisy neighborhood so that seems normal. They had no subtitle option. That's rare these days.

But I liked the movie a lot. I just wanted more!
I agree about the sleek/clean look of the menu. It's a documentary not an overly done Hollywood production. I would expect some minimalism when it came to how it was packaged and produced.

I didn't think about subtitles, that's a good point. The menu music versus the audio in the film was definitely an issue for us, but not one that we couldn't overcome.

I wanted more as well. And like Jamie I would have like to see more personal Kevin Clash moments but knowing how private he is, I was just pleased to see those rare moments with his daughter.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I wanna watch this I just don't know what time it'll be on. There aren't any PBS stations in Canada, but I watch it from the Burlington PBS, and another (I don't remeber which one). Is Independant Lens a station or is that part of PBS?
I CAN'T WAIT!!! I wanna see this movie so badly!
(P.S. Does anyone know how long it is?)

mo

Reaction score
I wanna watch this I just don't know what time it'll be on. There aren't any PBS stations in Canada, but I watch it from the Burlington PBS, and another (I don't remeber which one). Is Independant Lens a station or is that part of PBS?
I CAN'T WAIT!!! I wanna see this movie so badly!
(P.S. Does anyone know how long it is?)
one hour sixteen minutes.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanna watch this I just don't know what time it'll be on. There aren't any PBS stations in Canada, but I watch it from the Burlington PBS, and another (I don't remeber which one).
Go to this page pbs.org and then select "Choose Your Local Station". Put in the station you watch and then you'll see when the series Independent Lens comes on. For most people, it will be 8 pm central, 9 pm eastern tonight.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Go to this page pbs.org and then select "Choose Your Local Station". Put in the station you watch and then you'll see when the series Independent Lens comes on. For most people, it will be 8 pm central, 9 pm eastern tonight.
I see on a schedule that it's on at 9:30, but it doesn't say Being Elmo, it says Independant Lens, is that it?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see on a schedule that it's on at 9:30, but it doesn't say Being Elmo, it says Independant Lens, is that it?
Yes, that's it. See if there's a description of the program listed to know if "Being Elmo" is airing in your area.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes, that's it. See if there's a description of the program listed to know if "Being Elmo" is airing in your area.
Thanks. I'm going right now to try out all these channels that could possibly be the one that I have. I have a whole list of channels with me now, I just hope Bell TV has all these channels.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't bought the DVD yet, but I'm wondering, does this documentary include any of Kevin Clash's other Henson work besides Sesame Street?