The "It's A Great Time To Be A Muppet Fan" Thread - No Pessimism Allowed!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's funny, because I've yet to see a commercial for the DVD release on TV. :smirk:
There have been plenty of ads in primetime slots for NBC and ABC. It's amazing any primetime viewer could have missed seeing one. The characters have also plugged the DVD on ABC's the View and Good Morning America, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, MTV's Musical Madness and Comedy Central's Colbert Report over the past several days. These are high profile appearances. Not to mention this week's Electric Mayhem appearance on Jimmy Kimmel.

No pessimism or frowny faces really needed - - especially in this thread!

I'd call this Muppet domination.

In fact, there was just an ad in the second "Smash" break like two seconds ago!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There have been plenty of ads in primetime slots for NBC and ABC. It's amazing any primetime viewer could have missed seeing one.
Okay, well yeah, there's nothing good to warrant a viewing from me on either of those networks, so yeah, okay. Still looking forward to the release anyshoe.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've decided to add a Walter smile for general optimism, excitement and positive thinking. MC could use more Walters! The great passion he brought to the Muppets movie has earned him a place in my heart and a place in our smilies. He's right here if and when MC wants to add him.​

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've decided to add a Walter smile for general optimism, excitement and positive thinking. MC could use more Walters! The great passion he brought to the Muppets movie has earned him a place in my heart and a place in our smilies. He's right here if and when MC wants to add him.​
Great idea!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I saw a lot of commercials for the DVD release during the NCAA tournament on TNT or TBS of all places.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I haven't seen any commercials, but then I don't watch TV. Ah well.

I bought a blu-ray player last weekend. Rather, my mother, ever the practical one, bought it for me as my (very early) birthday present. I pre-ordered mine on Amazon, so I'm gonna have to wait for it to arrive while alla the rest of you are gushing about your Wal-Mart & Best Buy copies and playing with your finger puppets. But! I shall be strong! I expect to spend this weekend breaking in my Blu-Ray.

BTW, I found out that my Blu-Ray player can play MKV video files. (Don't ask me.) So I converted a bunch of video files to that format and burned a tester disc. Presto, I can watch all the trailers on TV instead of on a computer screen! My next project will be to convert the complete Muppet Family Christmas that I snagged offa Youtube, plus all those viral videos and other goodies that I've been pulling outta my cache.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, well yeah, there's nothing good to warrant a viewing from me on either of those networks, so yeah, okay. Still looking forward to the release anyshoe.
I pretty much stopped watching Saturday morning programming all together, so I have to get my knowledge of McDonalds premiums via their website. If you don;t watch certain things, you won't see the advertisements.

I've been watching at least one prime time show a week, and the last week or so, I've seen Muppet DVD ads on almost every program's commercial breaks. I don't think the movie even got that much attention when it first came out. Optimism? More people will catch the DVD version. Large rental numbers, large sales... if the 88 mil it made domestically and the 100 something world wide wasn't enough, this will cinch the popularity of the film. And in time, hopefully that means more merchandise.

Still, a lot of other fandoms just aren't as lucky as ours is. We completely lucked out with Jason and Nick and of course, the unsung writers at Muppet Studio that helped shape the script. Considering the stuff I'm hearing about the TMNT franchise under Nickelodeon and what Producer of the next movie Michael Bay wants to do... No... consider the fact that we're probably never going to get a Muppet project attached to Bay is a great sign.

All we need now is more merchandise, and I'm optimistic we'll get some further down the road.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I love this thread. I took a short break from MC to focus on the play I'm directing, and I come back and see all this, and, just... man, what a great place to be :sing: