Fan Poll: Favorite Henson Family Christmas Production

What is your favorite Henson Family Christmas production?

• A Beary Bear Christmas (1999)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (1977)

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Dinosaurs: Refrigerator Day (1991)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Fraggle Rock: The Bells of Fraggle Rock (1984)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree (1995)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • The Christmas Toy (1987)

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • The Great Santa Claus Switch (1970)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the Christmas holiday now in full force, we thought it would be fun to discuss and debate your favorite Henson Family Christmas productions.

Today we are discussing the specials featuring Henson worlds outside of the Classic Muppets and Sesame Street. Vote in the poll above and then list your ranking of the Henson Family holiday favorites. (We're discussing Muppet Christmas productions here and Sesame Street Christmas productions here.)

Let us know your thoughts and feedback on the various Henson holiday productions.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I voted for Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree. My brother and I watched it every year as a child. I need to dig it out from storage and rewatch it.

Reaction score
I have only seen Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree and The Christmas Toy. Love them both, but I voted for The Christmas Toy, as that has been a tradition in our house for years with me and my little sister. Mr. Willowby I only discovered a few years ago on Hallmark Channel.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
I'm assuming that 'Henson Family' refers to Henson characters who would fit into a somewhat extended definition of 'Muppet', yes? My initial reaction was, "What?! No Muppet Family Christmas?"

Refrigerator Day wins for me, simply because it was able to go through the motions of 'holiday special' but maintained the Dinosaurs trademark of avoiding sappiness when presenting any issues.

Was Mr Willowby's Tree that one with Kermit and Stockard Channing singing, with "This is how we cut the perfect tree" being the tagline throughout it?

Reaction score
Was Mr Willowby's Tree that one with Kermit and Stockard Channing singing, with "This is how we cut the perfect tree" being the tagline throughout it?
That's the right song, but I don't remember Stockard Channing being in it. Of course, I haven't watched it in at least a year, maybe two. Not sure if I have it on tape or not.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Christmas Toy. Love it, love it, love it. So funny that it has such a similar plot to Toy Story, and it was made years earlier!

dabauckham

Reaction score
I'm a HUGE fan of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Honorable mentions go to Bells of Fraggle Rock and The Christmas Toy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
1. Refrigerator Day
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas
4. The Bells of Fraggle Rock
5. Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree

Haven't seen any of the other specials.

Rob Wolf

Reaction score
What? No Muppet Family Christmas? C'mon now...that's a classic. I heard a rumor that the reason why it got shelved was because the ownership of the Sesame Street Muppets and the rest of the Muppet gang are now different - so that special can't be released on DVD, but still that will always be my very favorite Muppet Christmas special. So many classic lines and great situations - Mama Fozzie wanting to head out to Florida for Christmas, Miss Piggy's trek through the snow, Maureen the Mink, Fozzie and the snoooman (Nothing, what's snoo with you?), the Fraggles pebble. It's a classic.
"Watch out for the icy patch!"

DianaM

Reaction score
Without question, Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas!