The Hunger Games

Nick22

Reaction score
Has anyone read them? I honestly think it's an amazing trilogy and I am extremely excited for the movie to come out! People compare it to Twilight because both have the of the love triangle aspect, but The Hunger Games has a more complex plot that doesn't focus ONLY on the romance. And The Hunger Games has a strong female lead, Katniss. Unlike like other characters we know of *OBNOXIOUS COUGH* BELLA *OBNOXIOUS COUGH*

So give me your feedback. Have you read the books? Do you like them? ARE YOU AS EXCITED FOR THE MOVIE AS ME?! :excited:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm rereading the series right now. They're quite good! I'm super excited for the movie (Woody Harrelson as Haymitch? oh my goodness, so much win). I hope the movie manages to stay faithful to the series!

Nick22

Reaction score
I read all three books twice. And if the movie isn't like the books.....I'll cry. The trailer looked amazing though.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I like the books a lot, and the trailer looks very, very promising (much as I'd have done a few things differently).

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I also loved the books - and so help me if I hear one more "it's like Twilight", I'm going to karate chop someone. :mad: I mean if that's what it takes to get people to read a GOOD book, then by all means, but it's no Twilight people.

I'm looking forward to the movie as well. The latest trailer I saw looked very promising. And I loved Jennifer Lawrence in Winter's Bone so I think she's an excellent pick for Katniss.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I also loved the books - and so help me if I hear one more "it's like Twilight", I'm going to karate chop someone. :mad:
That makes no sense to me. Not only are the Hunger Games a million times better written, but the series actually manages to give young girls a strong female role model to look up to. Unlike Bella, Katniss doesn't need to depend on a man (well, maybe at times, but that's more life and death situations) and she can certainly hold her own/take care of herself.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
YES! I've read the first book and got about halfway through the second (turns out the school library won't let me check out books through the summer :frown: ). But yeah, eventually, I'll finish the series and I'm soo excited for the movie! The trailer looks like I thought it's be and even better! :smile: