Characters in the credits

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I often think about the credits to various production, which characters are listed among their performers and which ones are not. And sometimes certain choices seem weird.

For example, in The Muppet Movie, The Swedish Chef isn't listed in the credit. He only got two lines in the movie, but so did Sam the Eagle, who was credited. Crazy Harry was also credited, and he had less dialogue (one line... and he was heard laughing at the beginning).

I don't see anything wrong with which characters are credited in The Great Muppet Caper, though Louis Kazagger should have been in the credits (okay, that's one thing wrong). It is great that Lips was credit, since he didn't get much dialogue and most of his lines were spoken off-camera. But he pretty much was part of the main group of characters, and I would think anybody who's part of the main gang should be in the credits (well, I can see them not attributing performers to the various generic rats and chickens). Though I wonder if many people notice'd Lips' name in the credits and wondered who he is (though casual fans might not know the names of all the Electric Mayhem members, and Animal's the only one mentioned by name in the movie).

I feel the credits for Muppets from Space should have listed "Adam Hunt as Scooter". It's only one line (The Swedish Chef only got one line in MCC, but the credits still listed him as a David Rudman character), but I've read that Adam only did his voice and not the puppetry. He certainly didn't need to be lumped under "additional Muppet performers". I can see the credits not noting Bill Barretta as Rowlf or John Kennedy as Dr. Teeth (or Jerry Nelson as Floyd), but Scooter had the biggest line. I also wonder why the credits don't note that Brian Henson didn't perform the talking sandwich. And only some of the lab rats get credited. Bubba had a big part and makes sense, but The Birdman wasn't really much more notable than the other rats, who I presume were performed by performers who were listed under "additional muppet performers".

Princeton

Reaction score
I'll play! Jerry Nelson is credited for performing Camilla in Muppets Take Manhatten, but not in The Muppet Movie. Camilla arguably has a larger role in TMM, so that's always bothered me.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The Newsman doesn't receive credit in The Great Muppet Caper. Also, I think the characters that had lines (though relatively brief lines) in the wedding scene from The Muppets take Manhattan should have gotten credit (Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Crazy Harry, Pops, Sam, the Newsman), and also maybe some of the bears that were hibernating with Fozzie, and some of the dogs at the kennel.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'll play! Jerry Nelson is credited for performing Camilla in Muppets Take Manhatten, but not in The Muppet Movie. Camilla arguably has a larger role in TMM, so that's always bothered me.
Really? I never noticed that before.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Really? I never noticed that before.
The Newsman doesn't receive credit in The Great Muppet Caper. Also, I think the characters that had lines (though relatively brief lines) in the wedding scene from The Muppets take Manhattan should have gotten credit (Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Crazy Harry, Pops, Sam, the Newsman), and also maybe some of the bears that were hibernating with Fozzie, and some of the dogs at the kennel.
Those are just cameos if they would put all the Muppets who were at the wedding the list would just keep going

Princeton

Reaction score
(The Swedish Chef only got one line in MCC, but the credits still listed him as a David Rudman character)
I'm not sure if it's a contractual thing or simply a showing of courtesy, but it seems the minimum amount of characters a performer can be credited for is three. And without Swedish Chef, David would only be credited with two characters (one of which he didn't even voice).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a contractual thing or simply a showing of courtesy, but it seems the minimum amount of characters a performer can be credited for is three. And without Swedish Chef, David would only be credited with two characters (one of which he didn't even voice).
I don't think that's the case. Muppet Treasure Island only credited John Henson with Sweetums (I doubt he performed anyone else, though he was credited in productions that didn't feature Sweetums) and Bill Barretta with Clueless Morgan, Muppets From Space only credited Kevin Clash with Clifford, and Follow That Bird credits most of the performers with two characters or less (Frank Oz and Martin Robinson are the only ones listed with three characters, with Robinson's name actually appearing three times in the credits).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think I've read that Rizzo the Rat was credited in The Muppets, yet he didn't have any lines. Steve Whitmire did an interview with Tough Pigs after the movie was completed (though I can't remember if this was before or after it was reported that the ending, which briefly has a shot of Rizzo, was reshot), where he said that he hadn't performed Rizzo in a few years, even when the character appeared in productions, so I doubt there were any deleted scenes showcasing the character. But I could be wrong about Rizzo being listed in the credits (I'll have to wai tfor the DVD release to check).