EW says lots of Muppet merch coming

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it normal for merchandise to only be announced days/weeks before release, if not unannounced until release? Action figures, DVDs, albums, books, video games, and comic books all seem to have longer gaps between being announced and being released, but what about other kinds of merchandise? The Disney Store Muppet plush seem to have only been announced on the days they were released, though some were already sold out when announced (or maybe they weren't actually available, though with them being exclusives I guess retailers don't exactly need to know of them in advance).

Most of what's been announced has, in my opinion, been so-so/disapointing. Hopefully the best merchandise will be whatever hasn't been announced yet.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i know exactly its like only plush and like a blanket spirt hoods star war figures and books thats it

Reaction score
To me it seems like they are going more with a surprise release strategy, which has its good and bad points. One the one hand, I like surprises. On the other, I don't like having to repeatedly scour stores and websites in the hopes that something new has arrived.

Normally I would probably be skeptical of EW saying that with no "official" news, but I feel pretty confident that more unannounced stuff is coming. Toys-R-Us' website uploaded new stuff earlier today that is also supposed to be available in stores: MP3 speaker system; alarm clock/Ipod speaker system; Kermit earbuds with a Kermit drawstring bag; Kermit headphones. If those things had ever been around before, I certainly never saw them anywhere.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Would it be unrealistic if they actually planned on releasing season 4 of The Muppet Show either without announcing it until it was in stores or waiting until the week of release to announce it? I know there have been a few Sesame Street DVD releases that weren't announced in advance, though those were either rereleases of titles from Sony Wonder and Genius or were (initially) exclusives at Target or Wal-Mart.

Hopefully the character merchandise for Uncle Deadley, Bobo, and all original characters will come out after the movie's released (has the Walter plush actually been released yet?).

beaker

Reaction score
I like to think that our concerns of a lack of merchandise is all in our heads, and that by black friday we'll walk into Disneystore, TRU, etc and there will be an insane treasure trove of Muppet merchandise of all kind that will make us pinch ourselves...well one can wish and dream at least!

So far on the Muppet merch front, its been a giant...

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
To me it seems like they are going more with a surprise release strategy, which has its good and bad points. One the one hand, I like surprises. On the other, I don't like having to repeatedly scour stores and websites in the hopes that something new has arrived.

Normally I would probably be skeptical of EW saying that with no "official" news, but I feel pretty confident that more unannounced stuff is coming. Toys-R-Us' website uploaded new stuff earlier today that is also supposed to be available in stores: MP3 speaker system; alarm clock/Ipod speaker system; Kermit earbuds with a Kermit drawstring bag; Kermit headphones. If those things had ever been around before, I certainly never saw them anywhere.
Where did u see this on the toysrus website? I would love Kermit earbuds and headphones. I just looked online and did NOT see it on the toysrus website.