New Muppet AMC Theaters Policy Video

Drtooth

Reaction score
Only complaint I have is that there shoulda been more Muppets in that theater. Other than that, excellent!'

Love the inside reference to a Sesame Street bit.

Also love seeing Big Mean Carl.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Only complaint I have is that there shoulda been more Muppets in that theater. Other than that, excellent!
I agree. It would have been great to have seen Zoot play his saxaphone or Lips blow his trumpet, if not the whole Electric Mayhem doing a concert inside the theater. Or they could have had Crazy Harry set off an explosion. Or Bunsen and Beaker do an experiment in the theater.

And considering there only seemed to be a few of the main characters in the theater, it's odd that they weren't all sitting together. I can see the Penguins and maybe Carl seated away, but it's weird that Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Pepe, Animal, and Fozzie weren't all sitting in the same row of seats (maybe they all didn't know they'd all be there, but it would be an odd coincidence that the only people in a theater are a small number of very close friends).

dwmckim

Reaction score
And considering there only seemed to be a few of the main characters in the theater, it's odd that they weren't all sitting together. I can see the Penguins and maybe Carl seated away, but it's weird that Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Pepe, Animal, and Fozzie weren't all sitting in the same row of seats (maybe they all didn't know they'd all be there, but it would be an odd coincidence that the only people in a theater are a small number of very close friends).
Looked like Kerm and Piggy were there "together" - Gonzo was already seated when they came in and Piggy would not want to sit next to Gonzo (even if she wasn't on a date) and as the others came in, they knew better to let the couple have their space.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I certainly know better than to take my microwave with me to the cinema in the future...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. It would have been great to have seen Zoot play his saxaphone or Lips blow his trumpet, if not the whole Electric Mayhem doing a concert inside the theater. Or they could have had Crazy Harry set off an explosion. Or Bunsen and Beaker do an experiment in the theater.
I mean, not even just doing stunts... just sitting there.

Eh, I'll take it that the other Muppets are those ones that come late 10 minutes into the movie and walk up into the row before you, causing Piggy to really lose it.

Other than that, fantastic.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree that there should have been plenty of other Muppets just filling the seats there, not really doing anything. Guess it was a case of performers being available/not available. How amazing that BM Carl was included though! How random, yes?

beaker

Reaction score
@a mickey muppet: I know you're trying to promote your site, but can you at least have a dedicated link to the topic at hand for people who might find this later?

I definitely laughed out loud, though yeah Carl shoulda had something to do and their should have been more seats filled.

Nothing comes close to this gem tho

dwmckim

Reaction score
Re: lack of Muppets...from a directorial standpoint if you include too many characters in there, it's not as easy to immediately spot the gag you're "supposed" to be seeing. From an explanation standpoint, no doubt we were seeing either (a) the first Muppets to take their seats in the theatre (with everyone else still at the concession stand or trying to find a parking spot) and/or (b) it was a matinee.

dwmckim

Reaction score
This actually brings back teen memories where whenever a group of friends and i would go see a movie and they'd show those policy trailers, when they got to the part about loud talking, we would shout "Oh, i HATE when people DO that!"

We also had another movie theater tradition where whenever we'd see a movie with Whoopi Goldberg in it, when her name came on the screen during the opening credits, we'd all cry "WHOOPIE!!!"