"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
i feel like we are making a mountain out of an ant hill with this fart shoes joke....for all we know it could just be in fast in the actual film as it is in the trailer a quick 5 second joke and on to the next part...remember we aren't the only ones this movie is for

and i mean is it really so awful that we are going to let it ruin this film for us
I agree. The nitpicking that is going on over a 90 second trailer is something else. Can't wait until the nitpicking starts for a 90 minute movie.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I know you're right, trailers often stick in the jokes that have the most cheap laugh value and may have nothing to do with the actual film.
something i learned in Film school that really stuck to me is that the people or person who edit the trailer are never the same ones to edit the full movie...so they have access to almost endless amounts of footage and look for the bits that will catch the audiences attention.
whether it be an action film explosion or a silly joke from a bear

also ive been following where the vid has been since i posted it and i love that everyones talking about the Robot....i feel alittle bad that he seems to have taken Walters thunder

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta say, half of the last few movies I saw trailers for weren't just not indicative of the movie, but if I didn't bother to give them a chance, I wouldn't have liked them going on the trailer alone.

Plus, frankly, I never liked the Matrix trailer. I never liked it, it made me not like the movie, and then I saw it and I thought it was amazing. And I heard they butchered the marketing for Tangled. I wish I saw it now.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
something i learned in Film school that really stuck to me is that the people who edit the trailer are never the same people to edit the full movie...so they have access to almost endless amounts of footage and look for the bits that will catch the audiences attention.
That is true. I remember the South Park guys complaining that the people who made their trailer completely missed the point of the movie and just went for the cheap laughs and I think even added sound effects that weren't supposed to be there, lol. (Sheesh, you know it's bad when the South Park guys are complaining about cheap laughs! Lol :wink:) Matt and Trey went so far as to take the trailer footage home with them to hide it, until they were informed that was stealing, lol.

I'm not ashamed of nitpicking on this issue. But I've acknowledged that I could be wrong. That's as far as I'm going. : )

dabauckham

Reaction score
Gosh, I haven't posted here in forever, but golly these muppet teasers/trailer are something else...

I think the trailer was not quite as polished or funny as the teasers. However, it certainly had some great moments. No one has mentioned a ******-off looking Animal playing triangle!!! Flippin' hilarious in my opinion. The scene in the car that several have mentioned was also great and quite classic (unlike some other parts of the trailer).

My biggest beef is that electrocution-on-the-fence scene with Walter. Even though the ones who cut the trailer are probably different from those who will edit the full movie, that joke ran terribly flat for me. The pacing was off, and it was lengthy enough that I think it will probably be off in the movie as well (unless they remove it entirely).

That said, I am SUPER EXCITED!!!! I have a 2-year old daughter, and she can't get enough of these trailers either. It will be very special to take my family to the big theater to see this. NOVEMBER CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!!! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No one has mentioned a ******-off looking Animal playing triangle!!! Flippin' hilarious in my opinion.
Lol, yeah that was one of the more amusing moments. :halo:

My biggest beef is that electrocution-on-the-fence scene with Walter. Even though the ones who cut the trailer are probably different from those who will edit the full movie, that joke ran terribly flat for me. The pacing was off, and it was lengthy enough that I think it will probably be off in the movie as well (unless they remove it entirely).
I thought the same thing; the timing just wasn't right.

daltysmilth

Reaction score
I'm guessing they probably went with "fart shoes" because "whoopie cushion shoes" is harder to say.

Bobo's Girl

Reaction score
I can not wait. Thank goodness I don't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Must get to movie!:smile:

LvrsDrms&Me

Reaction score
you know who i wonder is in this is Bean Bunny
I doubt Bean is in the movie. Disney Parks are selling off their Bean stuffed animals at their clearance stores in Orlando. I would think that they would keep it, if he were in the movie.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I doubt Bean is in the movie. Disney Parks are selling off their Bean stuffed animals at their clearance stores in Orlando. I would think that they would keep it, if he were in the movie.
eh i wouldn't say that's a reason he isn't in the movie...id more follow if he isnt in it its because Steve has his hands full (teehee puppet humor) with Kermit now. and i dont think he will have a giant role more if he is going to be in the background at somepoint along side Clifford or other forgotten Muppets