Some new pictures of the Star Wars Muppet Figures!

beaker

Reaction score
Amazing to finally see these, and hopefully they'll make a lot of Muppet figures from the new movie in this scale

But two big issues:

$19 for two 4" figures??? Is this how far down inflation lane we've gone?

Also what is up with Kermit? I dig the look of Sam, Link, Camilla...Piggy and Fozzy look the same as their PVC counterpart...but Kermit, man what gives?

Drtooth

Reaction score
$19 for two 4" figures??? Is this how far down inflation lane we've gone?
Well, they ARE theme park exclusives after all... 20 bucks for 2 will seem like the last day price of a closing toy store compared to when the soul-less scalpers get their sausagey fingers on them.

Plus the Vynalmations, even in the stores go for 13 bucks. 6 bucks more for sculpting and 2 characters sounds alright to me.

Also what is up with Kermit? I dig the look of Sam, Link, Camilla...Piggy and Fozzy look the same as their PVC counterpart...but Kermit, man what gives?
Can't believe a dyed in the wool Muppet fan like you let loose the spelling of "Fozzy."

Yeah, I love these... not 20 dollars for 2 love them (I'd only get the Link set if that's the case), but these would be pretty tricky to get without going to the parks anyway. The only issue I have is that Honeydew's nose seems a little off... but not so much I wouldn't recommend them.

beaker

Reaction score
Well, they ARE theme park exclusives after all... 20 bucks for 2 will seem like the last day price of a closing toy store compared to when the soul-less scalpers get their sausagey fingers on them.

Plus the Vynalmations, even in the stores go for 13 bucks. 6 bucks more for sculpting and 2 characters sounds alright to me.

Can't believe a dyed in the wool Muppet fan like you let loose the spelling of "Fozzy."

Yeah, I love these... not 20 dollars for 2 love them (I'd only get the Link set if that's the case), but these would be pretty tricky to get without going to the parks anyway. The only issue I have is that Honeydew's nose seems a little off... but not so much I wouldn't recommend them.
Heh, I still sometimes conflate Obama with Osama when I'm tying fast. When I start referring to Statler and Waldorf as "those two old guys in the balcony, err come on, you know who I'm talking about" then you know I've lost it.

Aw, ok I forgot these were theme park exclusives. Hmmm. Well I guess I'll just be getting the Sam/Link then, and or the Gonzo/Camilla/Fozziebacca packs then. Sam and Link look the best, so amazing to have them in 4" scale(shall go perfect with the Jack in the Box Scale)

Honestly, for the last decade I haven't really been ripped off by scalpers on ebay with Muppet stuff. The 12" Beaker Plush from the late 90's, MV3d figurines from 2005, the Muppet Star Wars, MV3D old pvc set, vinylmation...havent really had to pay more than a couple dollars extra on top of what I would have had I gone to Disneyland or WDW...and given it costs thousands to even go there, I'll take the sausaged finger scalpers anyday:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aw, ok I forgot these were theme park exclusives. Hmmm. Well I guess I'll just be getting the Sam/Link then, and or the Gonzo/Camilla/Fozziebacca packs then. Sam and Link look the best, so amazing to have them in 4" scale(shall go perfect with the Jack in the Box Scale)

Honestly, for the last decade I haven't really been ripped off by scalpers on ebay with Muppet stuff. The 12" Beaker Plush from the late 90's, MV3d figurines from 2005, the Muppet Star Wars, MV3D old pvc set, vinylmation...havent really had to pay more than a couple dollars extra on top of what I would have had I gone to Disneyland or WDW...and given it costs thousands to even go there, I'll take the sausaged finger scalpers anyday:smile:
As long as the scalpers are honest. Wasn't there some doof trying to sell each figure in the first box set for 10 bucks each? I'm sure there is a way to order Disneyworld merchandise. I know Sesame Park supposedly has one (I want one of their Telly dolls so badly)... I had a connection at one of the parks, but somehow they say they could only get me broken or unwanted stuff at the employee discount crap store... :rolleyes: but nothing came out of that either.

Personally, I'm alright if I can just get Link.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
scalpers will probs be the way i will have to get these due to the costs to getting out to florida now from the uk but scalpers to tend to sell them here for quite a lot £45 for the orginal set a bit too steep for my liking :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Um, yeah that doesn't like too much of a connection there Dr Tooth:smile:
Honestly, I've been using ebay since 1997 and I just haven't seen evidence of most the Diz park merch going for too much over price point. **** I often see it undercut. I got the whole SW pvc pack from 2008 for $18(and that included shipping)

Anyways, feast your eyes on this shot...and people are all crying for a "return to Palisades". Get real people. Look at these beauties

That right there, is just bee-you-tiful and gives me goosebumps. Been waiting three decades, but finally the perfect Muppet figure scale is upon us!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyways, feast your eyes on this shot...and people are all crying for a "return to Palisades". Get real people. Look at these beauties

That right there, is just bee-you-tiful and gives me goosebumps. Been waiting three decades, but finally the perfect Muppet figure scale is upon us!
I'm one of the few that never wants to see Palisades clone type figures ever again. They were great when they lasted, they shook up the Muppet merchandise market, and they were fun to collect... but over all, they'd be way too expensive nowadays (10 dollars is for shrimpy Star Wars figures... could you IMAGINE the cost of Palisades figures if they were made today? We'd be lucky to get Kermit and have enough money for food for a month), plus... well, they're pretty darn big... and overall, I want variety. Not a bunch of stuff that looks exactly like the other stuff. There'd be no reason to collect the other stuff.

These are pretty darn good, I must say... somehow Beaker's hair screams for a prequel color variant with his hairs repainted as wires...

Frog, I need an e-Bay account... and money.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
To me these look like the best-quality non-Palisades Muppet toys since the Palisades days. Something about Beaker doesn't look right, though.

You know, I'm thinking Sweetums would make a good Jabba the Hutt. Or maybe The Swedish Chef (since you can't understand him).

beaker

Reaction score
To me these look like the best-quality non-Palisades Muppet toys since the Palisades days. Something about Beaker doesn't look right, though.

You know, I'm thinking Sweetums would make a good Jabba the Hutt. Or maybe The Swedish Chef (since you can't understand him).
Dude, yes! With Pepe as Salacious Crumb! I'm surprised Rizzo Yoda isn't included with this wave. (I hope they do other waves!)

I just hope Disney does a full line in this scale for the rest of the Muppets, like what we see with the Star Wars toy line thats been going on since the 90's(imagine every Muppet show character made in this scale!)

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so glad my sis works at disneyworld totally going to bribe her to get me these