April Fools: Season 42 News Announced

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop has finally issued a press release regarding the upcoming season 42 of Sesame Street, which sounds like a shock.

This season will have 44 episodes, like last season, but there won't be any new street stories. All street stories will be from previous seasons. But there will be many brand-new inserts, in addition to a number of classic segments, from as far back as 1969.

The show will no longer have it's hosting format with Murray, and the "word of the day" segments will also be dropped. But Murray will introduce a segment called "Golden Oldies", featuring 3-4 classic Sesame Street segments. The Count's "Number of the Day" and Cookie Monster's "Letter of the Day" will be brought back as well.

There will be brand-new episodes of Super Grover 2.0, and this years celebrity guests will include Jason Segal, Andy Milonakis, Ashton Kutcher, Tina Fey, Weird Al Yankovic, Jim Carrey, Tommy Wiseau, James Rolfe, and Katy Perry.

As sort of a cross-promotion with the upcoming Muppetsmovie, Kermit the Frog will make two brand-new appearances this year, in one appearance singing a song about opposites with Abby Cadabby and Murray Monster, and in another featuring the first-ever Sesame Street appearance by such Muppets characters as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Bunsen, Beaker, The Electric Mayhem, Clifford, and others. This song will be called "All my Friends", and will be about how Kermit has friends on Sesame Street and friends at the Muppet theater, seperating the groups in different sections of the song before putting them all together at the end. Additionally, 8 Kermit appearances from past seasons will be shown this year as well, including "On My Pond", "A Song from kermit", and various newsflash segments.
APRIL FOOLS!

zns

Reaction score
Amazing how you can get everyone going like that. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised that we haven't gotten any official news about season 42 yet. These past few years it seems all the big news had been announced before april 1.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop has finally issued a press release regarding the upcoming season 42 of Sesame Street, which sounds like a shock.

APRIL FOOLS!
That would be a great idea if it really happened. I always thought Murray would be better if he just appeared in segments rather than hosting the whole show, plus the idea of having :smile: on the show more often would be a great idea as well. Maybe you should e-mail your ideas to Sesame Workshop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised that we haven't gotten any official news about season 42 yet. These past few years it seems all the big news had been announced before april 1.
There is ONE piece of news... no fools here...

a child puppeteer will guest puppeteer next season.

Wiki has a page about it, but I can't find it... here's the bare
information

mr3urious

Reaction score
Weird Al is one guy who SHOULD be a guest star on SS, simply because his nature fits in perfectly with the show!

Tommy Wiseau would be interesting, though. "You are TEARING ME APART, Elmo!" :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't realise Muppet Wiki actually had a page with information on the next season. Though it is a bit small.

Just now realising that I should have made the claim that Forgetful Jones and Placido Flamingo would return, performed by David Rudman.

It wasn't until yesterday that I decided to say that "The Word of the Day" would be dropped (which I think would be more fullfilling to me... I don't really care for many of the celebrity "Word of the Day" segments). But before then, I was going to say that Kermit would appear in one of them, to teach the word "Green".

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't realise Muppet Wiki actually had a page with information on the next season. Though it is a bit small.
Well, they JUSt got in a little information. SW doesn't post news until a couple months before the season starts. It's early yet.

I DO NOT like the "filming season 42 and 43 back to back" part, though... sounds ominous.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
This season will have 44 episodes, like last season, but there won't be any new street stories. All street stories will be from previous seasons. But there will be many brand-new inserts, in addition to a number of classic segments, from as far back as 1969.

The show will no longer have it's hosting format with Murray, and the "word of the day" segments will also be dropped. But Murray will introduce a segment called "Golden Oldies", featuring 3-4 classic Sesame Street segments. The Count's "Number of the Day" and Cookie Monster's "Letter of the Day" will be brought back as well.

There will be brand-new episodes of Super Grover 2.0, and this years celebrity guests will include Jason Segal, Andy Milonakis, Ashton Kutcher, Tina Fey, Weird Al Yankovic, Jim Carrey, Tommy Wiseau, James Rolfe, and Katy Perry.

As sort of a cross-promotion with the upcoming Muppetsmovie, Kermit the Frog will make two brand-new appearances this year, in one appearance singing a song about opposites with Abby Cadabby and Murray Monster, and in another featuring the first-ever Sesame Street appearance by such Muppets characters as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Bunsen, Beaker, The Electric Mayhem, Clifford, and others. This song will be called "All my Friends", and will be about how Kermit has friends on Sesame Street and friends at the Muppet theater, seperating the groups in different sections of the song before putting them all together at the end. Additionally, 8 Kermit appearances from past seasons will be shown this year as well, including "On My Pond", "A Song from kermit", and various newsflash segments.
I would be ecstatic if this happened- particulary Kermit appearances on Sesame Street along with The Muppet Show crossover- to me, it makes great marketing sense. It would get kids watching Sesame Street introduced to The Muppets (who they're probably gonna be clamoring to see once they start seeing trailers for the movie anyway) and it would certainly get adult fans excited too. I'd love to see it happen.:smile: