Did Wontkins have legs or arms?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the design of Wontkins, I must wonder, did he have arms or legs? He appears to be sitting on the wall alot, which would imply legs... But then there's no visable arms. Arms would make sense, yet I don't think he's ever held anything with them (and they don't move via rods).

dwmckim

Reaction score
He did have legs (short stubby ones, but legs nonetheless) which could typically be seen on the lower part of his body even in ads where he wasn't seen full bodied and framed at the waist. No arms though - which may be his secret reason for not wanting to drink Wilkins Coffee...he didn't want to call attention to his lack of arms to hold the cup with!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Who is Wontkins? :stick_out_tongue:
Can't tell if you're jokin gor not, but Wontkins was half the duo of Wilkins and Wontkins, stars of Jim Henson's commercials for Wilkin's Coffe, Kraml Milk, and other commercials in the 1950s and early 1960s. He's the one who generally disliked the product being advertised.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Isn't he the guy from The Muppets on Puppets who said "Some of us are ugly and we like it that way." ?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Isn't he the guy from The Muppets on Puppets who said "Some of us are ugly and we like it that way." ?
He's the one!

And it's quotes like that that epitomize why i love the Muppets so much!