Is there a substitute for antron fleece?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One more thing I'd like to mention too, that I've found works pretty well from my own experiences: if you have puppets that require drab/dark/neutral color schemes, even low-quality polyster-based fleece works well, because irregardless of the seam construction, they won't be very visible with the dark and dullness of the fabric; my original Squirrely Squirrel puppets were fabricated with charcoal-colored polyester fleece, and you can't really see the seams at all on them, though for the newer puppets, I'm wanting to switch to short, plush-like fur for their bodies.

Goochman

Reaction score
I think it's the blizzard fleece that I bought? A little fuzzier and hid seams very well when they were picked at. You're actually in my area, there is one in Hanover right off the highway, or further down 24 in Taunton. Right on 44..........

Hope that helps
I actually pass one on my way to work so it's really not even out of the way at all. You're only about an hour from me, maybe we could get together some tine.... I need all the help I can get lol

:scary:

Animal31

Reaction score
I actually pass one on my way to work so it's really not even out of the way at all. You're only about an hour from me, maybe we could get together some tine.... I need all the help I can get lol

Closer than you think, I'm in the Brockton/Abington area. Just learning myself, so not sure how much help I would be :smile:

Goochman

Reaction score
I went to Joanns after work, they had fleece on sale so I got a few yards in a few different colors. I also made an elf ear just to test it, I even used the henson stitch!

you guys ROCK!

cjl1217

Reaction score
Joann Fabrics has a variety of colors. Though I can't seem to fine fleece that is like a light flesh color. The one closest is the ivory in the blizzard fleece, but that's a tad too dark.

yetiman

Reaction score
One of the best things about JoAnn Fabrics is the fleece in the remnant bins. Make sure you check them out! They usually have TONS of fleece (usually a yard or two each from the end of a roll) that are generally half off. I get lots of different colors, which come in really handy for puppet details. Sometimes you can get enough for an entire puppet, too. It's always the first place I go when I'm there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Joann Fabrics has a variety of colors. Though I can't seem to fine fleece that is like a light flesh color. The one closest is the ivory in the blizzard fleece, but that's a tad too dark.
I had that exact same problem as well here recently, so the next best thing I went with was like a powdery baby pink color, which I would've needed for another puppet whose skintone IS supposed to be that baby pink color,s o yeah.

WillyThePig

Reaction score
I would say if you use the polar fleece and upholstery foam earlier mentioned, and used it properly and took really good acre of the puppet you could get amazing results similar to professional materials. It takes a lot of practice but is so worth it after you get it down. The seams are somewhat important on the face mostly. But if you make very small stitches when you sew it they won't show up as much.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I know Blanket Fleece would make good material!