Kermits face in Disney/Toustines Gnomeo & juliet

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey MC gang,

So Disneys Touchstones new animated movie "Gnomeo & Juliet" has some "inside Disney jokes" (ie: the Tinki Room song) and Kermit the Frog's face on a t shirt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSW781CDg-0

..its on this You Tube sneek peek video and to see kermits face its "0:56"

just a heads up!

the girlfriend and I plan on seeing this movie on valentines day weekend, it looks cute :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Cute reference and all, but I still have no desire to see that.

Beauregard

Reaction score
On a scale of G to Gnomeo...how bad is it that I am beginning to really want to see this movie? I feel it won't be taking itself seriously, so it may just work...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if Kermit where in the movie himself, I'm avoiding this animonstrocity. The more I see of this film, the more I want John Lassiter to become a saint for casting this idea aside when it was pitched to him.

Some cliches are cliches for a reason, but this film is FULL of tropes, cliches and everything that made most offbrand kid's CGI movies suck, all obviously stolen from Shrek (everyone at the end up and dancing to pop music tunes). Even the gang of small gnomes has been done.

And that Toad, to quote Frozone from a GOOD CGI movie, is getting on my last nerve.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
look at the bright side dr t...now we dont have to go watch it since we saw the kermit scene here

Drtooth

Reaction score
Naw, the bright side is that Disney is only releasing this because they have to.

The film was the original idea of Rob Sprackling and John Smith who sold the spec script to Disney through Rocket Pictures. Initially, the film was going to be produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation, but was shut down by its new chief, John Lasseter, after the Pixar acquisition. Miramax Films picked up the project and guided its production until the division closed down. Australian director Adam Elliot was approached and asked to direct the film, but he rejected the offer due the film's incompatibility with his style, as well as his lack of experience with CGI
Too bad Johnny L didn't stop the film so cold it was never produced, BUT I give him humongous credit for trying. But that's the reason for the Touchstone distribution. They don't want anything to do with it, and they've thankfully dumped the film in February when no one's really going to see it.

That said, we may just have this year's first Razzie contender.

And all I can say is, I'm glad Miramax films has gone under.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up about the Kermit appearance.:smile: As others have said, I'm glad the clip is on Youtube so I can see it there because I'm really not interested in seeing the movie at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
did it really? sorry to change the subject of the OT but i had read it was filing stuff but never anything official
I thought Disney was about to sell it off at whatever company actually wants to bother buying it. That's why Diz got stuck with this.

All and all, when it comes to cartoonifying a famous tragedy, and giving it a happy ending, all I can think about is the Italian Titanic movies. Remember, there are actually 2 of them. The one the Nostalgia Critic showed ( The one with the rapping Scotty Dog, which is actually the equivalent of a Goodtimes video knockoff of a Disney movie that came out at the same time) and another about a giant dog faced Octopus (the official one, that oddly enough is less popular on the internet, and is even loonier and makes less sense than the copy). Only, those movies took themselves so seriously, they at least had the distinction of being Plan 9 from Outer Space style so bad it's GOOD. This, I can just picture everyone farting and making obvious pop culture references and bouncing around like idiots. Sorry, but even Dreamworks wants out of that now.