Top 10 Queerest Muppets by Autostraddle

TML

Reaction score
Cute, though I disagree with Janice. She's so into Floyd. :sing:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Scooter should be on it. There are others, but that's the one missing that stood out. :wink:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Scooter was missing. As for Janice... where did that come from? She doesn't trip my gaydar at all.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get having Janice on it either.
Number 6, I have never heard nor seen before. Can anybody enlighten me?

TML

Reaction score
Looks photoshopped in to me.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maybe Howard wasn't included because Bobby was more blatant?

If Skeeter is on that list for the reason she likes sports ... I submit Cotterpin (who certainly doesn't seem to have romantic feelings for anyone and really isn't into Doozer stuff much at all) could be on the list too. I'd believe Cotterpin over Mokey, anyway. I've certainly had that thought crossing my mind when I write her in my fics.

Junior Gorg also kinda strikes me as someone who'd at least think about it. His dream girlfriend was just him in drag, LOL.

While I agree with Link, I also agree with some of the commenters about Fozzie being a more obvious choice. While Link at least tried to look like girls' eye-candy, Fozzie ... I don't think I've ever seen him be attracted to any female. I remember him being embarrassed with what's-her-name kissed him on TMS, but he seems kinda creeped out if girls dote on him, even Beth from MTM.

I still find weird and amusing that the list-maker would resort to their whatnot and some photoshop thing over actual gay Muppets, like Bobby and Samson. I mean, there was no rumor at all with them, they were completely open ... AND THEY DON'T GET NUMBER ONE?

One should have been Bobby and Samson. Two should have been Bunsen and BEAKER (these people should spell it right, dang it), who have more shipping hints with them than Bert and Ernie have had their entire careers.

Slackbot

Reaction score
There certainly is potential in Fraggle Rock. In We Love You, Wembley the love potion had Gobo and Boober passionately in love with Wem, Boober even kissing him. When it wore off, their reaction was "Hmm, that was odd. Oh well," rather than "Eww, I was digging on a dude!" There's a strong hint there that Fraggles don't have hangups about it.

However--Red Fraggle was grossed out. Hmm!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the authors of this article may have been Muppet fans but not Muppet Freaks who knew of every Muppet that well. (They credit Muppet Wiki with help which probably means they never actually heard of some of them before exploring the wiki - i mean, Catgut?)

That photoshopped Zoe was from an Onion type satirical story from awhile ago that popped up during the whole Faux News fake Kami controversy. As for #1, looks like that was an FAO Whatnot they got for their offices.

Janice i think is just wishful thinking on their parts.

Link i always thought of as pinging though i never thought of the Bear connotations before.

Bunson/Beaker should have been higher and i'll bet they would have been in the authors watched LTS.

So all in all, like i say - it's clear the authors really love the Muppets and are fans but not the hardcore type of fans like us who are more familiar with the characters and could put together better lists. This is basically their fun way of plugging their excitement for the 2011 movie which you can tell is pretty genuine. They love Muppets greatly but i bet would still misspell Fozzie without looking it up first or not be 100% sure which one is Waldorf and which is Statler (if they knew their names)