Times that Kermit said the name Jim Henson?

Dearth

Reaction score
I need to dig out the Henson's Place DVD and watch it again. I forgot about that one.

Okay, I still can't dig up any info on the Statler/Waldorf thing I was thinking of... now I'm wondering if it was another character. Maybe Kermit said it... but I swear *someone* made a comment about long stretches where there was nothing on the stage.

Also, I am trying to remember an episode where Kermit got squashed down flat. He's basically a felt puddle on the floor. Anyone think of where that might be?

I have a line of dialogue I would like to use, but the only real place to insert it would be right after a scene where Piggy has karate-chopped Kermit. So rather than having Kermit pop right back up unharmed, I thought it might be funny to have him say the extra line from down on the floor after he's been flattened by Piggy.

Alex

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was Statler and Waldorf who said that line, but I'm not remembering the episode just now. Did you check the Muppet Show episode summaries on this site?

Dearth

Reaction score
Did you check the Muppet Show episode summaries on this site?
I got through all of the Season One guides and part of Season Two (inspiring another edit I'd like to do someday with all the Brian Henson intros) before it occurred to me to just email D.W. McKim and ask!

Got a prompt response: it's from the Chris Langham episode. Which I fortunately have on DVD from KermiClownVideos.com.

Ripping it now.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Grrrr... I have this thing totally edited, but every time I try to upload it to YouTube, it fails at either 98% processed or occasionally at 100%.

Really frustrating.

Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
By the way, for some odd reason, I couldn't get the Muppets on Puppets documentary to rip. Everything else on that disc would rip just fine, but that one vital element eluded me for a day or so.

In the end, I went for a high-tech incarnation of a low-tech approach. I played the DVD on my flatscreen TV and re-filmed it with my videocamera on a tripod.

I did this at night with all the lights off, so there were no reflections on the screen, and the house was empty.

This had two problems. One was that the old black-and-white footage had a bluish tint to it from being refilmed in color. The other was that the sound, going out the TV speakers and into the camera's mic, was made tinny and hollow.

I lowered the brightness in Windows Movie Maker and changed it back to greyscale, solving the blue issue.
Then I played the DVD on the computer with VLC player and re-recorded its audio using Creative Recorder. I imported the closer-to-source-quality audio files to Windows Movie Maker and re-synched them to the muted clips.

It was difficult to synch the clip of Rowlf and Jim because at first I was watching Rowlf, who is already trying to synch his mouth movements to pre-recorded voice tracks, and will occasionally start early or late but then get in synch by the end of each sentence. Once I ignored the puppet and just worried about synching Jim, it fell into place.

So, even though I was doing a lot of ripping, technically the finished video does contain some newly-filmed footage which does not necessarily match existing content.

I also had to re-shoot the American Express commercial off of YouTube. In order to bypass the scan line problem with my computer monitor, I actually filmed it off the inches-wide screen of my wife's iPod. I chose the version on YouTube with the best picture quality, but opted to synch the sound of a different version onto it. So it's a hybrid of both.

Alex