New Muppet Movie to be Filled with Cameos

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they will. TMM, GMC and MTI seemed to reference the audience. I can't quite remember if the others did. Eeek, I should know that.
I actually can't remember if MTM did (I have to rewatch it... I have to get the DVD first and rewatch it rather)... MFS had something, I'm sure of it. I'm pretty sure that in MCC, Rizzo and Gonzo kept breaking out of character saying "No no no... I'm PLAYING Charles Dickens." I swear VMX did as well... Oz broke out and had that Quentin Tarrentino cameo with him and Kermit talking about what SHOULD happen in the movie. I have to rewatch these. I'm sure there was something in MFS, though.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Muppets from space had the pepe line "But this is a Muppet movie. It's much more realistic and... romantic, okay?"

Aaron

Reaction score
" He's dead? and this is suppossed to be a kids movie!"
MTI

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I actually can't remember if MTM did (I have to rewatch it... I have to get the DVD first and rewatch it rather)... MFS had something, I'm sure of it. I'm pretty sure that in MCC, Rizzo and Gonzo kept breaking out of character saying "No no no... I'm PLAYING Charles Dickens." I swear VMX did as well... Oz broke out and had that Quentin Tarrentino cameo with him and Kermit talking about what SHOULD happen in the movie. I have to rewatch these. I'm sure there was something in MFS, though.
MTM broke the wall at the end with Kermit singing the last line, I guess. So yeah, all of the movies!

Drtooth

Reaction score
" He's dead? and this is suppossed to be a kids movie!"
MTI
There are multiple cases of metareference in that one. Let's not forget the rat tour group taking pictures of where they shot MTI and Statler and Waldorf saying "You saved the Frog." "It was too late to save the movie!"

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think breaking the fourth wall is a standard muppet thing and personally i do enjoy it

dmoss

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the original Muppet Movie, and The Muppets Take Manhattan have a large amount of cameos from celebrities of the time they were filmed?...

I wouldn't see cameos in this new movie being too far of a reach, or a detriment to the film...:smile:
You're exactly right. The originals had a lot of cameos, too. Some roles were just walk-ons, and the ones listed could very well be scenes in which actors walk-on for one line or phrase.

I think it would be more of a concern if the big names weren't interested in taking part. :wink:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
You're exactly right. The originals had a lot of cameos, too. Some roles were just walk-ons, and the ones listed could very well be scenes in which actors walk-on for one line or phrase.

I think it would be more of a concern if the big names weren't interested in taking part. :wink:
A handful were, but went onto become very famous, but most were Hollywood royalty.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which explains the cameos in the past few movies. :stick_out_tongue: Hulk Hogan especially.