New Muppet Movie to be Filled with Cameos

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, I heard Charles Grodin turned the role down which is disappointing.

It was unfortunately out of necessity. He was filming another movie somewhere else and didn't want to have to fly out all the way to film one scene. I find that a bit on the obstinate side, but it happens. Still, wish they could get a pick up shot... or at LEAST the rights to use his likeness on a newspaper.

Yeah Cloris Leachman is more popular lately than she ever was it seems. It's amazing to see how some of these actors have completely had a whole "resurgence" in recent years.
Cloris is a prime example of someone who pops up from time to time in various projects... needless to say, she wasn't all too thrilled that she wasn't offered her movie role in the Young Frankenstein musical. But every so often, she'll be a regular, if not co-star of a TV show (Raising Hope. dunno why she isn't listed in the main cast as she's in almost every episode, and they drew her into the opening titles). Betty White became popular again (unfortunately through internet meme I think she needs MORE respect than that... but it did work), and now she has several prime roles in TV shows and movies.

That's the thing with Hollywood. We never know who will ever go on to bigger and better things, and who will be a flavor of the month. Only thing I can predict is that girl from Precious they're going to force her into a deal with Jenny Craig, and she still won't find regular work anyway. It's a real shame, actually. But that's just an odd tangent I wanted to mention.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly, Frogboy. Great examples! Yeah Cloris Leachman is more popular lately than she ever was it seems. It's amazing to see how some of these actors have completely had a whole "resurgence" in recent years. Look at Betty White!
Makes me want to start a facebook page for "Put Betty White in the new Muppet movie".

beaker

Reaction score
Someone said the lady from I Dream of Jeanie will be cameoing as her character? I always get cheesed out when supernatural/Looney Toon physics are used in a theatrical film; as it just takes me out of the element. It's fine for tv specials, but to me it cheeses it up.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
It was unfortunately out of necessity. He was filming another movie somewhere else and didn't want to have to fly out all the way to film one scene. I find that a bit on the obstinate side, but it happens. Still, wish they could get a pick up shot... or at LEAST the rights to use his likeness on a newspaper.

Cloris is a prime example of someone who pops up from time to time in various projects... needless to say, she wasn't all too thrilled that she wasn't offered her movie role in the Young Frankenstein musical. But every so often, she'll be a regular, if not co-star of a TV show (Raising Hope. dunno why she isn't listed in the main cast as she's in almost every episode, and they drew her into the opening titles). Betty White became popular again (unfortunately through internet meme I think she needs MORE respect than that... but it did work), and now she has several prime roles in TV shows and movies.

That's the thing with Hollywood. We never know who will ever go on to bigger and better things, and who will be a flavor of the month. Only thing I can predict is that girl from Precious they're going to force her into a deal with Jenny Craig, and she still won't find regular work anyway. It's a real shame, actually. But that's just an odd tangent I wanted to mention.
Didn't know the details about Grodin turning down the role. Makes sense then, I guess. The girl from Precious, Gabourey Sibidibe is actually a pretty prominent character on the Showtime series "The Big C" which by the way just had an AMAZING season finale...

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Someone said the lady from I Dream of Jeanie will be cameoing as her character? I always get cheesed out when supernatural/Looney Toon physics are used in a theatrical film; as it just takes me out of the element. It's fine for tv specials, but to me it cheeses it up.
Barbara Eden? Now THAT would be cool!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't know the details about Grodin turning down the role. Makes sense then, I guess.
Yeah, it was posted somewhere earlier. Rest assured, they really wanted to make some call backs to the other three films. Only time I've really seen a Muppet movie make a call back was in VMX, showing a Doc Hoppers at the Mall.

It's really hard to tell how much cartooniness to expect from a Muppet movie. Remember the billboard with the giant actual creme pie that splatted onto the bad guys? I'm sure there's going to be some sort of small level like that, not to mention a few call backs to it actually being a movie (TMM and GMC had quite a few), but I'd tend to think the level of reality is thin, yet believable when it comes to these films.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, it was posted somewhere earlier. Rest assured, they really wanted to make some call backs to the other three films. Only time I've really seen a Muppet movie make a call back was in VMX, showing a Doc Hoppers at the Mall.

It's really hard to tell how much cartooniness to expect from a Muppet movie. Remember the billboard with the giant actual creme pie that splatted onto the bad guys? I'm sure there's going to be some sort of small level like that, not to mention a few call backs to it actually being a movie (TMM and GMC had quite a few), but I'd tend to think the level of reality is thin, yet believable when it comes to these films.
Well given the film will be acknowledging the Muppets wide body of work Im sure they'll be referencing their past films...but if they break the fourth wall regarding it also being a movie...then again, that's going into Spike Jonze meta-land!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well given the film will be acknowledging the Muppets wide body of work Im sure they'll be referencing their past films...but if they break the fourth wall regarding it also being a movie...then again, that's going into Spike Jonze meta-land!
I think they will. TMM, GMC and MTI seemed to reference the audience. I can't quite remember if the others did. Eeek, I should know that.