New Muppet movie pics! Amy Adams! The Muppet Show Sign!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Im loving all these photo updates and gladly no giant spoilers...like what happened to me and hangover 2

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
Ohhh man! I am tingling with excitement! Pics of two of my favorite actors on the new muppet movie set? I personally couldn't have asked for more with this project. Jason Siegal is a comedic GENIUS and I've had a crush on Amy Adams for years!

This is wonderful....on the other hand I have so much hope and anticipation for this film that if this movie tanks I think I might never recover from the disappointment.....Eh oh well dream big or go home!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Im loving all these photo updates and gladly no giant spoilers...like what happened to me and hangover 2
I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to start avoiding news-reports for fear of spoilers or whether I want to dive in and read EVERY spoiler I can get my paws on...

Bea:zany:{I'm so sorry for mixing my metaphors but sitting on that fence was particularly uncomfortable}regard

beaker

Reaction score
Ohhh man! I am tingling with excitement! Pics of two of my favorite actors on the new muppet movie set? I personally couldn't have asked for more with this project. Jason Siegal is a comedic GENIUS and I've had a crush on Amy Adams for years!

This is wonderful....on the other hand I have so much hope and anticipation for this film that if this movie tanks I think I might never recover from the disappointment.....Eh oh well dream big or go home!

Well we have to remember there is a big difference between a film being good and a film tanking. Scott Pilgrim utterly failed at the box office, but a lot of the critics and most movie goers of the movie's targeted demographic loved it

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
Well we have to remember there is a big difference between a film being good and a film tanking. Scott Pilgrim utterly failed at the box office, but a lot of the critics and most movie goers of the movie's targeted demographic loved it
Very True.

I should have said that if the movie isn't good (IMHO) I will be very disappointed hehe

Drtooth

Reaction score
They released it at the tumbleweeds month to begin with, and there was literally zero media acknowledgment of the film, with no trailers and no promotion. I only saw underground stuff like postcards and posters... the ones they paste over windows in abandoned liquor stores. Oh... and internet.

I'm starting to think that was intentional. They WANTED and full on intended for it to be an underground film. Mainly because the target audience was so niche, there was no way it would beat the tedious and juvenile Tiwlight parody movie (really... what's the appeal in 90 minutes of bad MadTV skits?). It clearly will be a cult film, and it will definitely get play around college theaters every so often. But I doubt it would have been a big hit any way they treated it. They had references to Launchpad and Zelda in there... only a select few can appreciate that instead of Edward Cullen falling down 20 times. HYUK hyuk hyuk... funny :rolleyes:

On the other hand, Marmaduke was grotesquely over marketed, it was the BK toy, and you couldn't go a commercial break without seeing the trailer and NO ONE wanted to see it. And I bet you, even though it WAS fail at the box office it will see at least one sequel. Even if it's DTV.

beaker

Reaction score
They released it at the tumbleweeds month to begin with, and there was literally zero media acknowledgment of the film, with no trailers and no promotion. I only saw underground stuff like postcards and posters... the ones they paste over windows in abandoned liquor stores. Oh... and internet.

I'm starting to think that was intentional. They WANTED and full on intended for it to be an underground film. Mainly because the target audience was so niche, there was no way it would beat the tedious and juvenile Tiwlight parody movie (really... what's the appeal in 90 minutes of bad MadTV skits?). It clearly will be a cult film, and it will definitely get play around college theaters every so often. But I doubt it would have been a big hit any way they treated it. They had references to Launchpad and Zelda in there... only a select few can appreciate that instead of Edward Cullen falling down 20 times. HYUK hyuk hyuk... funny :rolleyes:

On the other hand, Marmaduke was grotesquely over marketed, it was the BK toy, and you couldn't go a commercial break without seeing the trailer and NO ONE wanted to see it. And I bet you, even though it WAS fail at the box office it will see at least one sequel. Even if it's DTV.
I dont ever watch tv, so I'll trust ya on the lack of tv promotion...tho my friend swears he saw a ton of tv spots for it. At least online i saw ads for it and buzz everywhere. I guess "geek chic" isnt as big as i thought, despite the popularity of retro gaming and big bang theory. I loved the movie tho, if anything because for the first time I felt a character represented me.

Also, it was The Expendables that beat Scott Pilgrim, riding on the 80's/early 90's action ensomble vibe

What is worse that a Twilight spoof film? A serious movie trying to ripoff Twilight(ie: "Red Riding Hood" from the director of Twilight)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dont ever watch tv, so I'll trust ya on the lack of tv promotion...tho my friend swears he saw a ton of tv spots for it. At least online i saw ads for it and buzz everywhere. I guess "geek chic" isnt as big as i thought, despite the popularity of retro gaming and big bang theory. I loved the movie tho, if anything because for the first time I felt a character represented me.
"geek chic" is a joke. Really. I've said it so many times now, but most of the people who embrace it pushed the real geeks into lockers, and blew up all their Transformers and Ninja Turtles when they hit their Beavis and Butthead phase. The only gaming anyone cares about is big blasty war games or push button "guitar" games... hoy paloy stuff, and they only buy Mario and Sonic shirts because it was hip to do so. Heck, when anime was popular (with older kids), it was basically like 5 ultraviolent current adult Akira/Fist of the North Star knockoffs that people bothered watching. And they didn't even WATCH Akira or Fist of the North Star. COME ON! Rest assured, the word poser pops into my mind when geek chic popped out.

Big Bang Theory is special, though. It's like the LAST great laugh track sitcom out there. The nerds on that show are more akin to the stereotype (that no one follows anymore). Plus, you cannot dislike Sheldon Cooper. He's one of the best TV show personalities since Michael Scott.

Or of course, geek chic could be fading because there aren't any more tech support jobs for the geeks anymore.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i remember seeing one Scott pilgrim trailer in the theaters then tv spots when the movie came out...but DR.Tooth is right it was very underground. only 1 person i knew in my town really knew anything about the series and movie