NEW Muppets plush

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi

Just seen these listed on ebay, dont know who has made them or where there available, just thought I'd post as a heads up, Im sure more info will surface soon.

Gonzo looks like the Palisades figure!

Ebay item number is 260654109233

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh! Thanks for sharing the Ebay link.

Kermit looks pretty good and Animal looks the best he has in bean-plush form. I don't know why they stick Miss Piggy in those stupid hats. Maybe it has something to do with how they root the hair. I'm glad they're using a more iconic image on the hang tag, but I wish they'd make her plush resemble that a little more. It seems to me that Disney really likes how Piggy looks in that old 80's graphic and might be planning to give her a retro facelift in the new movie. I hope so.

The Gonzo, well I was hoping he looked more like the attractive Palisades figure rather than the off-model cartoony one. Still, he does look a little bit better and comes off pretty good here. I'd still like to see a purply nosed version someday.

This seems to be part of the new push! Happy to see new releases.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These hangtags are new configurations of old graphics, but it appears that Disney wants Miss Piggy to look like this particular era. That's the new part. They've been using an uglier modern Piggy image on US Muppet merchandise until very recently. It appears this is the picture of her they always choose now as if they're trying to brand her like this in the minds of consumers. I approve. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... where are these? Are they more crane machine stuff? We've heard that there's supposed to be a Disney Store series of plush, but they weren't supposed to come out until closer to the movie's release.

But i gotta admit, they have a very creative way of handling Gonzo, giving him Garfield style eyes... the one place that's always been fail with Gonzo plus of late was the plastic eyes that pop out in different directions. But a purple nose would look so much better, I agree.

Animal looks as good as an Animal plush could... are those slight hints of orange in his pink fur? I detest the pink lollipop look, and this one seems to do him justice. These are definitely some of the best looking non-stylized Muppet plush in some time. I'd hate to think that I'd have to win them out of a crane machine

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really don't like the hatted granny Piggy, but I'd stock these in the store if these assortments hit the retail market at a reasonable cost. But I'm thinking these are Disney Store only. There's one coming back to SF this fall. It's in a smaller location than before, but closer to the strip of heavily traveled shops. I'll check it out once it's open.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't like the hatted granny Piggy, but I'd stock these in the store if these assortments hit the retail market at a reasonable cost. But I'm thinking these are Disney Store only.
I wonder if they are. Sometimes Disney plushes at the Disney store have specific hang tags (usually larger movie tie in merchandise) like these ones here, but more often then not (Mickey characters, mostly), they don't. These look bean bag sized if they really are Disney store plushes... But they don't look like they have the smaller secondary tag. I wish I bought a Bean bag recently to show... My Ludwig VonDrake has a very small, price only tag on it. Plus, they usually have large bottom tags (the "contains all new materials" stuff) that have the UPC symbol and the character name and assortment number on it (I guess that's more cost effective).

Anyway... is it just me, or does the Kermit plush look a LOT better than the poser puppet on the actual tag? never liked that pose at ALL. And yes, Piggy plush NEED to abandon ugly sun hats.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Okay, so I contacted the seller. These were produced in 2010 by Danawares in Canada.