Muppet Whatnot Puppets now $99, save $30

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a WhatNot workshop will be opening at Disneyland? I have a family member that will be moving to only a few hours away from there. I figure it would be awesome to make one "in person."

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
:smile: My Whatnot arrived yesterday, on my birthday. It was a gift from my wife!

Twinx62

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if they are going to ship internationally? Us UK Muppet fans, are feeling left out! Have to rely on good old Ebay, for cool Muppet dolls etc!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if they are going to ship internationally? Us UK Muppet fans, are feeling left out! Have to rely on good old Ebay, for cool Muppet dolls etc!
Hi Twinx62, I have asked if they ship internationally and the response was "not at this time". :sympathy::sympathy:

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
I have asked if they ship internationally and the response was "not at this time". :sympathy::sympathy:
You think that's bad? They won't even ship to Canada. I only live about 100km (that's roughly 60 miles for you American folk) from the border. It's frustrating really, because they're really losing out on some solid business opportunities.

fuzzydice82

Reaction score
What's the quality of these Whatnots? Is this something that you can use and play with and it will last, or have people experienced that they might not last through the rigors of pupeteering?

Even at $100, that's still a significant investment.

Edradour

Reaction score
What's the quality of these Whatnots? Is this something that you can use and play with and it will last, or have people experienced that they might not last through the rigors of pupeteering?

Even at $100, that's still a significant investment.
I own 3 Whatnots. So far, the only complaint I have about them is the removable arm rods sometimes are difficult to put back in. There's a small, lined pocket at the wrist where the hooked end of the rod is inserted. The fabric lining of the pocket seems to either have come loose, or otherwise twisted, making re-insertion of the rod tricky. It may be from frequent attach/detach, but it's wear & tear like this that should be expected. Another side effect of this problem is loss of wrist control, since the rod now tends to spin in the socket.

Overall, I am pleased with their construction & would consider buying another one if a 4th body style & color became available.

As far as the price tag goes, I'd be curious if any of the puppet builders here would be able to make a whatnot-style puppet (perhaps using the Roly Puppet Pattern from Project Puppet), including outfit, for much less.

Warldorf

Reaction score
:smile: My Whatnot arrived yesterday, on my birthday. It was a gift from my wife!
Wow! I wish I had that basement! Then I would burn it into a million pieces! DOH HO HO! (but seriously, i'm jealous)