The Best/Worst Song Covers Thread

HamHock

Reaction score
I think the best is also Twist and Shout by the Beatles.

Now I dont know about all you people around the world, but here in Ireland and the UK, theres one duo who somehow made it on to the X factor ( thank god they didnt win ) and are ( sadly ) sweeping across the nation: There names are John and Edward better known as Jedward

Now, back on topic, I think there versions of Under Preassure (Ice Ice Baby) , Ghostbusters, All the small things and ..... well, all there covers are the WORST !

Dont believe me ? search on youtube...........IF YOU DARE!

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I'll have to think more about the best covers, but I'd like to add Britney Spears' "Satisfaction" to the list of the worst.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Bruce Springsteen doing London Calling has scarred me for life (not to mention I dont like him and I dont like the song)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Even though I like the original from the forties or fifties or so, I prefer Soft Cell's version of "Tainted Love". (One of the greatest one-hit wonder songs of the eighties.)

Also, right now my dad is listening to Avril Levigne's cover of "Imagine". The original is better if you ask me, but her version sounds very lovely. :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
i found of video online of faith hill singing "piece of my heart" by janis joplin. yeah...not so much of a good song for someone like faith hill to sing. now pink singing janis joplin. that's totally different. and totally AMAZING!

APRena

Reaction score
Even though I like the original from the forties or fifties or so, I prefer Soft Cell's version of "Tainted Love". (One of the greatest one-hit wonder songs of the eighties.)
There's also the 80s techno version of "Puttin' On The Ritz"

dwmckim

Reaction score
That cover of Ritz was done by Taco.

Soft Cell - another great artist that has lots of wonderful history and songs (in between the group and Marc Almond solo) that sadly is only known in the USA as a "one-hit wonder" But if you love Tainted Love, you should check out some of their other stuff. I still have my vinyl copy of their Art of Falling Apart album that i'll break out at times when i have the blues. And "Tears Run Rings" in one of my all time fave songs.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
The original will always stand by itself, but Matchbox Twenty's version of "Need You Tonight" is one of my favorite covers ever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heard a REALLY bad cover of Ghostbusters from I'm guessing Dance Dance Revolution or something. Dude had a VERY thick Japanese accent. Totally ruined the "Who ya Gonna Call" bit. Sounded very muffled.