Best Waiter Grover sketch?

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked before, but what is your favorite Waiter Grover sketch? This does include other instances where Fat Blue is at another venue (Baseball stadium, his own home) rather than Charlie's or is served by someone else (Pizzeria Dos).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
My favorite is the one where Mr. Johnson orders a hamburger. Classic.

Other favorites include:
  • Alphabet Soup
  • Picture Menu
  • Simon Soundman's Cluck-Cluck Sandwhich
  • First, Next, and Last Meals
  • #9 Special of the Day
  • Spaghetti
  • CH Sounds
  • A New Waiter

And when it comes to Mr. Johnson outside of Charlie's Restaurant...
  • Grover sends a singing telegram
  • Grover the taxi driver
  • Bakery
  • Chicken Castle
  • Grover the photographer
  • Telegram Trainee Elmo
  • Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition
  • Mr. Johnson's scenes in the "changing seasons" episode from seaosn 40

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I loved Outrageous Makeover too. That one managed to get a belly laugh out of me, not that the others didn't.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Charlie's: "In a hurry to be fed, beady eyes and big blue head," and the Mexican restaurant-- "GRENADAAAAAA!"

Outside Charlie's: Grover delivering the singing telegram (I'm glad someone reminded me of that one) and Grover as a wig salesman

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I personally love the skit where The Count comes to Charlie's and orders hot dogs, not because he wants to eat them...because he wants to COUNT them! Things get really funny when Grover is bringing out plates of hot dogs for The Count (the film is sped up of course) as frantic music plays in the background. Why has no one put this bit on DVD? I am laughing now thinking about it?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I personally love the skit where The Count comes to Charlie's and orders hot dogs, not because he wants to eat them...because he wants to COUNT them! Things get really funny when Grover is bringing out plates of hot dogs for The Count (the film is sped up of course) as frantic music plays in the background. Why has no one put this bit on DVD? I am laughing now thinking about it?
And this seems to be one of the rarest waiter Grover sketches. I don't ever remember seeing it. It's not on DVD and Sesame Workshop has never put it online. I guess you could say it is one of Sesame Street's most-requested "holy grails".

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Charlie's: "In a hurry to be fed, beady eyes and big blue head," and the Mexican restaurant-- "GRENADAAAAAA!"

Outside Charlie's: Grover delivering the singing telegram (I'm glad someone reminded me of that one) and Grover as a wig salesman
I do love that Mexican restaurant sketch! Grover keeps going "Ole, ole, ole!" until he stomps on the food each time until the "Numero Uno" when the guitar player left on his break.
I also love when the new waiter Pino, played by Dave Goelz, tries to be a waiter also and then it becomes a rivalry until they work together in the end. Also, Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition and the wig salesman sketch and of course, whenever he goes to Kermit's house and sells him items he doesn't really need!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I want so badly to mention something someone else hasn't said, but let's face it - the true classics are truly classic! I knew in my head my choices when i saw the thread title and there they all are...

the BIG hamburger or the little hamburger

Mexican Restaurant (THAT SONG - "your numero quatro is all over the uh...floor-o")

Wig Salesman ("Whatever fuzz there was has gone South")

Count's hot dogs (that sped up montage at the end and of course ends so perfectly with grover fainting and Count's look at him)

Each one of these represents the writers, directors and performers at the top of their game.