Whatever happened to Link Hogthrob?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I heard Miss Piggy made bacon out of him, literally.......

dwmckim

Reaction score
He's probably trying to figure out the word "satellite." I mean, of course it's a light! It looks like a lot of lights, but what do you CALL IT?
And more importantly, who sat on them?

Dearth

Reaction score
I was browsing some info on the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta after someone mentioned it in another thread, and they've got a Strangepork and a Link on display there.

Dearth

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Two things actually...

- Someone gave him a mirror for his birthday. He hasn't gone out much since.

- He heard that the internet had "Links" all over the place. He's been holed up with his computer for years now. (Though i hear he hasn't actually learned how to turn it on and just stares at his reflection in the monitor)
It all makes perfect sense now! :smile:

Of course, I never really was all that fond of the "Pigs in Space" sketches...:stick_out_tongue:

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I think the real reason has to do with the fact that he was originally created for Pigs in Space. When TMS ended, they had not much use for Link afterwards except as a background character.

dwmckim

Reaction score
That applies much more to Strangepork than Link though as Link existed and served lots of purpose outside the Pigs in Space sketches. Heck, he's one of a handful of Muppets that had starring roles in two recurring sketches (PiS and Bear on Patrol). If you added all of Link's body of screentime together, i'd betting his time off the Pigs in Space set would outweight his time on it.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I think the real reason has to do with the fact that he was originally created for Pigs in Space. When TMS ended, they had not much use for Link afterwards except as a background character.
Well, they to me I think they used Link way more after TMS, that is in the JHH. They used him more as a backstage character along with being in various sketches (minus Pigs in Space). After that he was moved to a background character.