Miss Piggy full scale cut out?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out. Good looking collection. Can't believe the smart blur worked so well on that image. I think they used that picture for a Denny's campaign or something around that time. I remember seeing that large, but not a cut-out. Anyway, looks good. What's that Gonzo from again? :concern:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out. Good looking collection. Can't believe the smart blur worked so well on that image. I think they used that picture for a Denny's campaign or something around that time. I remember seeing that large, but not a cut-out. Anyway, looks good. What's that Gonzo from again? :concern:
Gonzo and Fozzie are a one piece combo.It was for a McDonalds window display, so I presume for the great muppet caper glasses.
the great thing about the cut out is that it is double sided, but they went to the trouble of still having Fozzie's "press" hat the same(instead of being mirrored backwards) and even if you look closely at Gonzo's camera, you can also read the camera brand and lenes numbers, so you could get confused as to which is the real image, but I know the Muppets are left handed!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great display.

That Kermint cut out is so similar to mine, but mine has his legs crossed at the ankles, and he is not holding his hat.

Do you think McDs would have had other characters at the time?

I love the cut outs.

Chris

rtgentry

Reaction score
so did you get someone to print it out? I dont understand how you printed it out.

Yay, I finally blew up Miss Piggy! I used the hands on hips image from frogboy4's images and used Smart blur(Thanks again, Jamie)

Apologies for the glare as they are behind perspex and Piggy is laminated.
....Did somebody say "blew up" :crazy: NOooooo!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Great display.

That Kermint cut out is so similar to mine, but mine has his legs crossed at the ankles, and he is not holding his hat.

Do you think McDs would have had other characters at the time?

I love the cut outs.

Chris
They must have taken a lot of Studio photography all on the same day when they had Kermit in a tux.It is possible that McDonalds could of had different cut outs for different Stores.They didnt have any in Australia and I didnt even know the Gonzo and Fozzie cut out existed till I discovered it on ebay.Who knows what is lurking out there!:search:

muppetperson

Reaction score
so did you get someone to print it out? I dont understand how you printed it out.
I printed it out from my computer and got someone to scan it onto their computer and ran it through smart blur and worked out the ratio of enlarging it till her snout was 8cm wide at the widest spot.She took up 6 A3 pieces of paper and then got joined up, cut out and laminated.I might glue her onto one of those plastic sign boards.
I wonder if Room Mates,currently making lifesize Sesame Street cutout stickers, will venture into making Muppet ones?

rtgentry

Reaction score
maybe we should petition FaTHEADS to produce life size muppets. They do disney characters already, but gotta make sure its not the cartoon type, the real life pic style kinds. ya know?

muppetperson

Reaction score
maybe we should petition FaTHEADS to produce life size muppets. They do disney characters already, but gotta make sure its not the cartoon type, the real life pic style kinds. ya know?
Well there you go-that is two Companies that has the partential to make them.We have a fighting chance.
I will see if I can find contact info for both companies so we can start a petition.
Update-OK, Fathead are always looking for suggestions on who people want on their wall.The website is www.fathead.com and contact customerservice@fathead.com
Room Mates website is www.roommatespeelandstick.com and y...any people do it and I will keep you updated.

muppetperson

Reaction score
just chated on line with a fathead representative.They do custom prints if you send them a high res photo.I suggested if they could make it their own line, as high res photos are hard to find.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Here is an update:Fat head is forwarding the muppet cutouts idea to their licensing team, and Room Mates have passed the idea to their design team for their next quarterly meeting, which is later this month.