Miss Piggy full scale cut out?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have been collecting full size(life size) Muppet cut outs.I have Kermit from a Video promotion and Fozzie and Gonzo from a McDonalds promotion.Now I want Miss Piggy to complete my favourite quartet.Does anybody know if there was any promotional Miss Piggy cut outs made?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey Muppetperson,

I have never seen a life size Piggy cut-out!

I have the US Playhouse Video Kermit cut out, and Kermit in his black tux from the UK Jim Henson Video display stand too!

Would love others too, celebrity card cut outs are available but no one has ever done the Muppets?

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks, Chris.It is strange to think that a promotional cut out of Miss Piggy was never made.You would think that there must have been something when she released her Moi perfume or Diva code book etc.Or even like a Celebrity friends type business which had life size cut outs of celebrities that you could get your picture taken with.Looks like I will have to make my own.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
For some reason I thought there was a full-scale Piggy cut out as well, but maybe not. She did have her own signature lines of things in the 80s, a perfume in the 90s and that Diva Code book could have had a cutout of the cover.

Here's a low res sheet of full-bodied Piggy images that you should be on the look for. Wish I had a bigger res of these, but I'm going to PM you a link to some medium res images that you could print out yourself (if you can find a printer), mount and cut them on foam board if you feel like filling in your collection with some creativity. :wink:

unheard

Reaction score
can i please ask what type of puppet is miss piggy as i am trying to lean about the type's.
Is she a Forma Series puppet or a Simple Series with body parts added ?

any help would be great thank you.

muppetperson

Reaction score
For some reason I thought there was a full-scale Piggy cut out as well, but maybe not. She did have her own signature lines of things in the 80s, a perfume in the 90s and that Diva Code book could have had a cutout of the cover.

Here's a low res sheet of full-bodied Piggy images that you should be on the look for. Wish I had a bigger res of these, but I'm going to PM you a link to some medium res images that you could print out yourself (if you can find a printer), mount and cut them on foam board if you feel like filling in your collection with some creativity. :wink:
Thanks for your help.I did find a small picture that I liked, but it became blurry as, when I blew it up 1000%.Trying to find an image that hasnt been used to death, but doesnt look like I can find one because the ones I like are too low.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.I did find a small picture that I liked, but it became blurry as, when I blew it up 1000%.Trying to find an image that hasnt been used to death, but doesnt look like I can find one because the ones I like are too low.
It's difficult to find those pictures. My advice would be to track down a classic Miss Piggy Calendar from the 80's and scan the centerfold poster inside. The puppet hasn't looked great since the early 80's when those calendar's were cool. Just a thought.

A few scanning notes just in case...always scan at 300 resolution, refrain from enlarging an image size more than 2.5 times more than the original and a "smart blur" Photoshop filter can help blend the pixels.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
can i please ask what type of puppet is miss piggy as i am trying to lean about the type's.
Is she a Forma Series puppet or a Simple Series with body parts added ?

any help would be great thank you.
Hiya!

Miss Piggy is one of a kind, unique. Originally she had to be hand-carved from foam rubber, designed with her own "Miss Piggy pattern". Eventually, they changed her so that she was made from a set mold.

muppetperson

Reaction score
It's difficult to find those pictures. My advice would be to track down a classic Miss Piggy Calendar from the 80's and scan the centerfold poster inside. The puppet hasn't looked great since the early 80's when those calendar's were cool. Just a thought.

A few scanning notes just in case...always scan at 300 resolution, refrain from enlarging an image size more than 2.5 times more than the original and a "smart blur" Photoshop filter can help blend the pixels.
Thanks for your input and tips.:smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yay, I finally blew up Miss Piggy! I used the hands on hips image from frogboy4's images and used Smart blur(Thanks again, Jamie)

Apologies for the glare as they are behind perspex and Piggy is laminated.
....Did somebody say "blew up" :crazy: NOooooo!