Wanted: Muppet Wallpaper

recchi

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else had a muppet wallpaper (went on a door) way back when. I would love to find another. It was a scene of backstage with all the cast. Full door size (3' x 7') ish. I can't even seem to find a picture of it anywhere. My original is still up in my parents house in the rec room but cannot be moved. Any suggestions?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else had a muppet wallpaper (went on a door) way back when. I would love to find another. It was a scene of backstage with all the cast. Full door size (3' x 7') ish. I can't even seem to find a picture of it anywhere. My original is still up in my parents house in the rec room but cannot be moved. Any suggestions?
Take a picture of it and print it and put it in a frame.:wisdom:

zns

Reaction score
I had it too! Mine got peeled down and painted over many years ago when I moved out of my parents' house.

Here's a link to the image:

www.KermiClownVideos.com/MuppetDoor.jpg
I'll tell you what, when I get my own place and put my Henson collection in a seperate room, that's definately going to be put up on my door. I didn't know they made something like that anyway. Would make for really nice decor.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I have that poster. Wouldnt say it was the size of a door though? Its about 5 foot x 4 foot? I absolutely love it. I love that picture, it was also used on the Muppet annual No 3 (Muppet Madness book, USA) I even remember buying mine form a newsagents that sold posters, I think it was published in 1986.

I dont think I have ever seen this poster for sale anywhere since, dont think Ive ever seen it on ebay? Mine is also at my parents in hope that one day I will have enough room to display my whole collection, buy luckily mine is in reasonable condition and rolled away in a tube with lots of other posters.

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
OK, I have been home and took a piccy of mine. I dont think its quite the same, this poster measures 27"x38", and you can see that it is a cropped version of the piccy on the earlier link, Droops nose is just in view at the top right. Jim Henson's Muppet Show logo has also been added with Kermit in the 'O'.
It was printed in Germany by Scandecor, and I definetly bought it in the UK, Henson Associates 1986.

I have added it to Muppet Wiki, heres the link.......

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Stagedoorposter1986.jpg

Chris

KermiClown

Reaction score
The one I had was definitely door sized. You might even say it was life-size. It was giant! Sure wish I still had it.