New Muppet Movie Character: Walter

muppetperson

Reaction score
Wow, I hear we are getting a new Muppet character called Walter, who will make his debut in the new Muppet Movie!
Wonder what he is and what he will look like!:excited:
From what I can gather, walter is a puppet, who is a Muppet fan and wants to become one, owned by the human lead's character.I wonder if it is a pinochio type storyline, where the puppet comes to life?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow, I hear we are getting a new Muppet character called Walter, who will make his debut in the new Muppet Movie!
Wonder what he is and what he will look like!:excited:
From what I can gather, walter is a puppet, who is a Muppet fan and wants to become one, owned by the human lead's character.I wonder if it is a pinochio type storyline, where the puppet comes to life?
This has been out for a while since elements from Segel's first script treatment started making the rounds on various websites. Walter's a brown ambiguous puppet creature, but no word on what exactly that will look like. For some reason I keep thinking of Warren from Greg the Bunny. Hehe. Probably not. :wink:

Nick22

Reaction score
i wonder who his puppeteer will be. somebody we know? or a newbie?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I always thought it was going to be Segal.
Yeah, but if the character takes off, is Segal going to be prepared
to commit to Muppet Studios for ongoing work? They might pick a Muppeteer and let Segal lipsinc.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well take Elmo in Grouchland where there was a new Muppet bug and he had a huge role in that movie, but has not been seen on Sesame Street. Personaly I think insteed of creating a new Muppet they should work on makeing Skeeter a Muppet. From the sounds of things from some of the Muppet Show comics artists they would love to use more, and I think she would make a wonderful additon to the classic core group of the Muppets.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I see Walter as a plot device specifically made for the film. I'm certain Segel will want to perform him, being a fan and rather talented puppeteer too. Who knows if he actually will?

I don't think Walter is intended to be a break away character, but if Segel really gets the chance to perform him, I can see him coming back here and there later as needed for promotions and possible cameos. He seems like the kind of guy that would keep up with the Muppets as much as his schedule and the folk at Muppet Studios will permit.

On a personal note, I doubt Walter will have the Clifford curse as being the new Muppet interloper. I believe Disney is committed to bringing back the classic Muppet characters and brand strong first and then mixing in some new guys to see what works. In other words, I think we should be discussing how much Scooter, Rowlf and Robin we'll be seeing rather than the fate of a new character that's not technically a Muppet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On a personal note, I doubt Walter will have the Clifford curse as being the new Muppet interloper. I believe Disney is committed to bringing back the classic Muppet characters and brand strong first and then mixing in some new guys to see what works. In other words, I think we should be discussing how much Scooter, Rowlf and Robin we'll be seeing rather than the fate of a new character that's not technically a Muppet.
I really think the Clifford bit was an unfortunate byproduct of wondering where the heck Kermit fell into the era of Jim-less Muppet projects. Problem with Scooter, Rowlf and Robin is that they haven't had all that much screen time because of their lack of puppeteers... each being slowly eased in with few lines, if any. I think Scooter and Rowlf are at the point where their recast puppeteers should be comfortable enough to perform multiple lines and even scenes... Don't know about Robin just yet. Rowlf and Scooter haven't been major major major players in the movies (compared to the core of Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo)... but Scooter always had some big scenes here and there.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Still think it'd be cool if it were Jeff Dunham's Walter. Him an' Statler an' Waldorf would really get along, LOL.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Still think it'd be cool if it were Jeff Dunham's Walter. Him an' Statler an' Waldorf would really get along, LOL.
that would be awesome

i kinda wish they puppet a roger rabbit with all the past and present puppet shows living in some sort of universe