Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

blackaerin

Reaction score
SKEEEETEEEER! *bounces on the walls in happiness*
ahem, scuse me.

now that my inital glee has been let out (It's frogging Skeeter! YES! *fistpump* )
i shall now point out some useless nitpicks and other fan squeals.

Statler and Waldorf as the powers that be? Good Lord, we're doomed. (but i suppose they're the reason Skeeter's arrived, so maybe they're not all that bad? i do feel sad for their Fozzie piece.)
speaking of which, it's no fair that Statler and Waldorf gets the prototype Muppet Minis PVCs, they even have the unreleased Floyd and Rowlf PVC! Lucky bums.

on The Muppet Show spread, next to Luncheon Counter Monster, do i spy the Javas? :big_grin:
yay prairie dogs!
and Robin! <3
but why is the Newsman not his usual yellow self?
and Sweetum's hands are looking very pink today. For that matter, so is Animal.
(i'm still not happy with the shades of brown used for Fozzie and Rowlf. Fozzie is more of a yellowish orangey brown, while Rowlf a reddish brown)

hmmm... wasn't Pop's desk on the left side of the backstage door? But they did rebuild the Muppet Theatre, so perhaps the builders switched his desk to the other side of the hall.
(On a side note, i love Pops. He's such a likeable Grandpa guy. yay for him getting more appearances!)
Scooter? jeans aren't meant to match with your outfit.
and Scooter goes le Gasp!
Mr. Clacky is adorable for a skull. *snickers* 2B or not 2B ...

overall, i very much like the Langridge/Mebberson team. Mr. Langridge never fails to make me laugh and he writes the characters beautifully while Amy just has the Muppet touch that seems to make the puppets come to life. Can't wait to get this series!

analeisa

Reaction score
Yaaay, Skeeter! <3 I'm loving the look they gave her and can't wait to see how she'll develop.

Also, I'm excited about the the Langridge/Mebberson combo. Langridge's stories are great and Mebberson's style is more on-model but still expressive. So, I think this will be a great series.

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
The truth can now be told! Amy sent me concept sketches of a grown-up Skeeter months ago, and once we saw them we knew we wanted to introduce her. (It also lets us add another female character to the mix!) Roger was on board, turned in a beautiful script, and we were off to the races!

Special thanks to our friends at the Muppets Studio for letting us do it!

-A

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So erm... Just what is Skeeter's new look like? :confused:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
My questions are HOW the creative team Pulled it off ?

Because I want to call both Disney and Jim Henson company out on holding this character out THAT LONG! :mad:

Amy

Reaction score
Wow, a new thread just for our arc? That's kinda cool.

While I'm still a little disappointed this got out before release day (we were SO excited and wanted to keep it secret until the issue was completely out), I'm very happy you guys like the return of the Prodigal Twin.

I just knew she HAD to be brought back. As Aaron said, we need more girls in the Muppet core cast. After all, Skeeter was originally created to be a contrasting female character to Piggy, so there's no reason why she should remain forgotten.

And yes, MASSIVE thanks to the Disney Muppet Team for letting us bring her back. Even more amazingly, they let me design her!

Wait'll you guys see the C2E2 variant cover coming soon, especially if you're a Chicago native. Skeeter's first cover!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So erm... Just what is Skeeter's new look like? :confused:
First, I must say that Amy's art has gotten even better since the Peter Pan series. The fluidity, detail and form are spot-on here. Pan seems to have been boot-camp for the stellar art in this series.

:wink: Skeeter looks very much like Scooter, of course. Her glasses are horn-rimmed and go to a point on the outer edges, much like Mildred's. Her yarn hair is in thicker clumps resembling dreadlocks pushed back by a green bandanna tied behind her head. The longest sections of her hair stop right at her shoulders. She's wearing a green-on-green ringer t-shirt with rolled up sleeves that reveal pink and black striped elbow-length fingerless gloves. Skeeter carries a brown stuffed satchel-bag with a bus transfer ticket tied on the back. She also appears to be wearing blue jeans. This is all we can see so far and is right on target of what an adult Skeeter would look like. She's both feminine and tomboy here. I've never been a fan of the invented Muppet Babies character, but this take is appealing and it would be great to translate this into puppet form. I nominate Karen Prell to perform! :excited:

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
I think it's a testament to the Muppet Studios' faith in what we do here at BOOM Kids, and in both Roger and Amy, that they approved both the storyline and design for reviving the character.

Assistant Editor Jason Long and I could not be more excited to be involved with this book, and this arc in particular!

-A

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Jamie. Why does that descript make me think of Valerie Harper/Rhoda? We've all said Karen Prell should be the "duh" choice to perform a grown-up version of Skeeter. This should've been released last week, it would've fueled her to land in the Muppet Madness 2010 Tournament's Final 5. Well maybe not, but it'd made for awesome FB campaigning badges.

Amy

Reaction score
Basically, Skeeter's look came very easily to me.
Once you see the full comic, there will be some other touches to her clothing that the older fans will appreciate.
I think Skeeter has an important role to play in the grown-up Muppet family in terms of what she contributes in her personality. Piggy is the diva, Janice is the mellow flower child/rock chick and Skeeter is still the athletic tomboy she always was.

Basically, her dress sense is Hot Topic with the gothness toned down. :wink: