Muppet Star Wars Pins

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Just found out thanks to a news blurb at www.disneypincast.com that this year's Star Wars Weekends 2010 will have a mystery set of pins featuring the Muppets, based on the Muppets Star Wars figures that were released a couple of years ago. That'd include:
Kermit Skywalker/Skyhopper (Kermit as Luke),
Princess Piggy (Piggy as Leia),
Fozbacca the Wookie (Fozzie as Chewbacca),
Dearth Nader (Gonzo in his Darth Vader persona),
Beak-RPO (Beaker as C-3PO), and
Rizzo as Yoda.

The interesting thing is that Mystery Pin Sets almost always have a total assortment of ten pins. That leads me to speculate either of the following about the possible additional four pins needed to round out the set.
1 You could have three different pairings of the Muppet/Star Wars characters mentioned above: either Kermit and Piggy, Fozzie and Beaker, Gonzo and Rizzo, or whatever other you may think of; plus a Star Wars Weekends 2010 logo pin.
2 There could conceivably be four new Muppets as Star Wars characters depicted in these pins not released as part of the figure set. Which might then lead to a Muppet Star Wars Series 2?
Sure, you could stick the logo pin for the event in tat second possibility with only three new pins... But it seems to me that the most cost-effective way—which wouldn't surprise me at all—would be the first option.

If anyone goes to WDW or DLR and is able to complete the mystery set, please report back here letting us know what the extra four pins actually turn out to be.

dmoss

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the heads-up! I wonder if these will be headshots, full body, or the characters on top of backgrounds...can't wait to find out! Hopefully I'll be able to scoop a couple up on eBay after they've been out for a little bit! :smile:

dented

Reaction score
:boo:Last fall I spoke to the designer who did the muppet starwars toys these pins are based on. He confirmed at that time that a second set of toys would be released. I would bet that the 4 extra pins are going to be based on the 2nd set of toys, whenever they come out.

Seeing that we have kermit has luc, gonzo as darth, piggy as leia, fozzy as chewie, beaker as c3po, and rizzo as yoda, who would you like to see?

I am voting for
Pepe as Han Solo (that would be groovy)
Same the (American) Eagle as Palpatine
Animal as Jabba
and Waldorf and Statler as the two headed announcer from the pod race in episode 1.

theprawncracker

Reaction score

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Only thing that bugs me is they listed Link's last name as "Hearthrob", when it's actually "Hogthrob".
Other than that, cool additions all around.
Yes... that is very annoying. They also misspelled Beaker (as Beeker... seriously?), so hopefully they'll fix that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes... that is very annoying. They also misspelled Beaker (as Beeker... seriously?), so hopefully they'll fix that.
These are indeed cool. It seems that Disney is still learning about the characters and they are willing to learn, so this mishap doesn't concern me much. Even fans keep misspelling Fozzie as Fozy and that's a main guy!

The misspelling of Beaker in general is strange to me because it's counter-intuitive because the only rarely used term for “beek” in the English language means to bask or warm in the sunshine or before a fireplace or bonfire. I can see Beaker doing that just before catching fire, but it’s more fitting for him to be named after the piece of lab equipment that he appears to be shaped like.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... And I keep finding people listing Piggy as either Mrs. Piggy or Piggie.
Looking forward to the figure pack if there is one to find who the last two rounding out the series will be.

On Another note... Need to get the Kitchen Cabaret to Soaring Then & Now pin next month.

Drtooth

Reaction score
These are indeed cool. It seems that Disney is still learning about the characters and they are willing to learn, so this mishap doesn't concern me much. Even fans keep misspelling Fozzie as Fozy and that's a main guy!

The misspelling of Beaker in general is strange to me because it's counter-intuitive because the only rarely used term for “beek” in the English language means to bask or warm in the sunshine or before a fireplace or bonfire. I can see Beaker doing that just before catching fire, but it’s more fitting for him to be named after the piece of lab equipment that he appears to be shaped like.

I find that sort of thing odd laziness. I've seen many a time where Fozzie is spelled Fozzy, but I've only seen "Beeker" like 3 times in my entire life. And I agree... how can someone screw up BEAker? Getting Link's last name wrong doesn't sound all that amazing. I'm surprised they even knew he had a last name, since he isn't all that popular a character... Not a main one anyway, and he never had a line of dialogue in any of the movies. As long as they don't make a Sesame Street set with "Bigg Berd," "Kooky Monster" and "Burt." Or a Fraggle Rock set with "Wemmblxxtyq3eee Fraggggal" :insatiable:

I really hope they keep these designs for a second series of figures. Link needs more merchandise. I'd buy JUST the Link/Han myself.