Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on "Cake Boss"

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
This episode was epic. It turned me into a fan of Cake Boss (I watched the next episode to make sure; I'm hooked). I was laughing almost the whole time. I love Buddy's enthusiasm. He may've yelled a lot, but I think he's just passionate. The cake was freakin art. Put the thing in the museum. I especially liked how they were able to sculpt the characters with modeling chocolate and rice crispies. Excellent. Cookie's expression about getting his huge cookie was priceless. :insatiable:

"Ya know, I find it a little odd dat you talk about Cookie Monster like he's a real person."
*Pause* "He is!"
I loved how he treated Cookie as real (well, of course he's real, what am I talking about :smile:). The above quote was epic, as well as his drive to make the huge cookie.

Better yet, Buddy made that big cookie for Cookie. I don't know if Buddy was aware of this or not but CM can't eat real cookies (according to the Unpaved book). I bet everybody else besides CM had to have part of that big cookie.
I remember reading that too. Maybe the producers told Buddy that, or maybe he truly didn't know. He doesn't strike me as someone who would know trivia like puppets not being able to handle real cookies. However, I doubt, if he knew, that would've stopped him. It was a great symbolic gesture and I'm sure someone enjoyed the cookie. Whatever the case, that was a big cookie.

Excellent episode. Very fun. :insatiable:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm sure it's not the end of the world if Cookie Monster touches a real cookie and i'm sure he has many MANY times before. It's just smart to minimize prolonged and continual exposure to the oils in them hence prop cookies whenever they can use them. But i'm sure there aren't tons of people in the control room shouting "NOOOO!" if Cookie does every now and then handle the real deal.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I'm sure it's not the end of the world if Cookie Monster touches a real cookie and i'm sure he has many MANY times before. It's just smart to minimize prolonged and continual exposure to the oils in them hence prop cookies whenever they can use them. But i'm sure there aren't tons of people in the control room shouting "NOOOO!" if Cookie does every now and then handle the real deal.

I'm sure it's not the end either. I'm just saying I remember reading that. I still enjoyed how Buddy made it his mission to make the biggest cookie for Cookie. Like I said in the previous post, Buddy saying "He is" to the guy who said Cookie isn't real was one of the most epic moments in that episode, following only Cookie's expression at the end.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I'm glad that the Ernie puppet appeared in the background. I found that Ernie caught a glimpse of Zoe in the beginning of the appearance.