Sweetum's voices in Letters to Santa

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
How come David Rudman performed Sweetums in the opening song and why did Martin P. Robinson performed him in the ending?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
How do you know this information? If I had to guess, Sweetums was probably performed by John Henson, who has performed him since Richard's death, throughout the whole special. How do you know it was David and Martin and not John?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki said it and his voice sounded different in the special.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. The Wiki says it was Rudman and Robinson performing Sweetums here.

It may just be that, since Scooter wasn't in the opening, David Rudman was able to perform the character. Scooter's in the ending, so maybe he wanted to focus on performing that character. Or Marty may not have been available for the opening.

I don't recall Sweetums saying much of anything at the end. Remember, performers are always switching around like this when a character may have very little to do in a scene.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
In the end he wished Clarie's Mom Merry Christmas and said coming through Christmas tree.

rexcrk

Reaction score
John Henson wasn't in the credits either, IIRC.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
How do you know this information? If I had to guess, Sweetums was probably performed by John Henson, who has performed him since Richard's death, throughout the whole special.
I think David preformed Sweetums because, that found somebody who can do a better Sweetums than John. That happened with Lew Zealand, and I think Matt does a better job with it than Bill.