Giftware International backpacks?

Kiki

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of these Muppet backpacks? I'm lucky enough to own the Rizzo one in the photo (with the tag still on it) and a Fozzie one. I've also seen the one of Gonzo's head in a vintage/retro bazzar, the same place where I got the Rizzo backpack, couldn't get it as I had to pick just one (I can't remember how much it cost, a fair bit for a backpack -but worth every cent- and my mum got the Fozzie one at an op-shop a good while back!).

Does anyone know how much these would cost now? I think there were released in the late 90s... and does anyone know if their hard to come across? I'm curious to know, purely as a collector, I don't intend on selling either of them.

Thanks!

Kiki

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have Rizzo too and kermit.Giftware International is from England.The backpacks were made in China.I got mine Rizzo in England in 2000 for GBP12.50.the Kermit backpack I picked up at the local markets in 2005 for AU$15.I have only seen the backpacks pop up on ebay from time to time, mainly in the UK.

Kiki

Reaction score
I have Rizzo too and kermit.Giftware International is from England.The backpacks were made in China.I got mine Rizzo in England in 2000 for GBP12.50.the Kermit backpack I picked up at the local markets in 2005 for AU$15.I have only seen the backpacks pop up on ebay from time to time, mainly in the UK.
Cool, thanks for the speedy reply! Ah, a fellow Aussie, goodo. ;3 Yeah, I can't quite remember how much my Rizzo was, but it was more than yours, in fact a fair bit more if I remember rightly. But eh, I'm a Muppet fan, and at the time I was like, "OMGmustBUYYYYY!" Heh. I had no idea that they were made in England though, oh wow. My Fozzie one, as I mentioned, came from the op-shop, so I doubt it cost a lot as many would just see it as a Muppet plushie and nothing more (although oppies are getting more and more dearer, I reckon)... it was amazing to see two of them in the same shop, though. =O

Thanks a bunch!

Kiki

Reaction score
OOH! Thanks for the link! :3

beaker

Reaction score
*sooooo* wants that Rizzo backpack!

Kiki

Reaction score
*sooooo* wants that Rizzo backpack!
I took mine out with me just yesterday. :3 They're made extremely well, only I *think* my dog knawed the left-side whiskers off my Rizzo... hmmm...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have the Fozzie one, and the Gonzo one. When I visited Denmark to meet three people from MC I wore my Gonzo one to be recognised!

beaker

Reaction score
I took mine out with me just yesterday. :3 They're made extremely well, only I *think* my dog knawed the left-side whiskers off my Rizzo... hmmm...
Aww, Im so glad my pets dont chew on my stuff.

I got a rather spiffy Rizzo plush from one of those crane machines. Probably the most authentic Rizzo ive seen next to the replicas

Kiki

Reaction score
I have the Fozzie one, and the Gonzo one. When I visited Denmark to meet three people from MC I wore my Gonzo one to be recognised!
Oh man, I actually saw the Gonzo one at the same place where I got my Rizzo one. D: It's his face, right? I ended up getting just the Rizzo one, anyway- they weren't crazy cheap. My mum found my Fozzie one -of all places- in a op-shop in AMAZING condition!

Aww, Im so glad my pets dont chew on my stuff.

I got a rather spiffy Rizzo plush from one of those crane machines. Probably the most authentic Rizzo ive seen next to the replicas
Yeah, you can actually get some pretty dang snazzy plushies that way. Too bad I'm un-co *sigh*.

And yeah, I have no idea how she got my Rizzo bag. O_O It was on my bed, which she can't reach, and then I saw it on the ground, so I assume she was the one who chewed off his right whiskers. XP