TV Alert: Letters to Santa reairs December 4 and 19

dwmckim

Reaction score
As mentioned upthread, it is unusual for a major network to show two airings of the same holiday special twice in a month. Last night's ratings pretty much demonstrate why...

LTS was not only the lowest rated network show in its timeslot (2.30 million viewers) but also the lowest rated network show for the evening.

By contrast, its earlier Dec 4th airing scored 4.27 million viewers (2nd in its timeslot)...and that was with it being rescheduled too late to make it in printed TV Guides.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As mentioned upthread, it is unusual for a major network to show two airings of the same holiday special twice in a month. Last night's ratings pretty much demonstrate why...

LTS was not only the lowest rated network show in its timeslot (2.30 million viewers) but also the lowest rated network show for the evening.
Not to mention it aired on a Saturday Night just before Christmas when people were out shopping. I barely got it back in time to watch the second half hour.

Plus, it IS a Saturday anyway... what else are they going to air? NBC usually just reruns Law and Order all night long. (Can't remember where I was on the 4th but I missed it entirely).